Your Story - Our Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Find Geno 2.0 Match Page

I visited national geographic today after not doing so for many months. I can not find the page that has my matches and their stories, the few that actually left a story that is. The whole look of NG has changed since my last visit. Can someone please guide me on finding my Geno 2.0 matches please?
    Thanks, Hoppy
    Never mind. I found it. can't believe I missed it earlier.
    Last edited by I'm Hoppy; 9 October 2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Contacting matches

It would be nice if you can contact folks who is very close matching to you. There is a few folks on whom we can mutually benefit on learning some insight on our ancestry. They yet are just a dot on the map.

Comment

i just got my results yesterday from geno 2.0, and am disappointed by how vague the percentages are on the regional and how limited the info for the mtdna.. it's the same for me where there are far more possible matches without stories to help me make a connection than there are those with stories.. i tried to stick to the basics with my story because even with that it was more long-winded than most and i figured if anyone wants more detailed info they can contact me.. i wish they had a discussion forum like this one so we could trade notes and expand on the info we share based on whether anyone shows an interest in it or not.. there are many speculations and unconfirmed facts which i don't want to share as gospel truth because i don't know for sure, but if others have similar family stories we might be able to help each other narrow down to the bare facts.. i would enjoy discussing it more at length.. my mtdna hapgroup is T2f and my regional is 43% northern european, 37% mediterranean, 19% sw asian, and 1% unknown (which may or may not be NA).. i can share info on how this breakdown matches my tree and/or recent familial migration if anyone with a similar hap is interested.. i might start a new more specific thread if so.. slightly off-topic but frequently mentioned here, would someone be kind enough to explain what snp's are? is that something only found in y-dna? i am female and therefore could only get mtdna and regional, and there was no detailed breakdown in my results, just the name of my hapgroup and the percentages of regional..

Comment

ps, i just realized from reading another discussion that the file i downloaded was a zipfile,i had assumed it was merely an html copy of what was online so i didn't open it, so i'm unzipping it now, i assume that is where i'll find the breakdown of snp's..

Comment

Where do you find your SNP's? I would gladly post them, but I don't see where they are at Genographic. Results aren't posted at FTDNA yet. Should we be posting Haplogroup instead? I dunno! I apparently have a rare Haplogroup and my closest matches aren't from Ireland like my most distant maternal ancestor! They are around Denmark. Funny... my other lines are mostly germany, but not my maternal line.

Comment

Originally posted by aartemiss View Post
              ps, i just realized from reading another discussion that the file i downloaded was a zipfile,i had assumed it was merely an html copy of what was online so i didn't open it, so i'm unzipping it now, i assume that is where i'll find the breakdown of snp's..
              LOL I didn't read through all the pages of posts before posting, and just noticed your post just above mine. Is that where you found it? I printed reports and downloaded a file too, but haven't opened the file either! I assumed it was a copy of the report as well!

Comment

Contacting Matches

Hi

Geno recently refined my mt H1 to H1c3b, when I eventually found the stories section I have two matches.

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ory/allstories

Is there any way I can contact these matches?

Comment

A better link as it works

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ory/allstories

Comment

And the link to your matches when you login.
                    https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ts/ourstory/#M

They would get more stories if they made it more easy to find

Comment

Working...
                    X