Geno2 analysis v Dr McDonald analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno2 analysis v Dr McDonald analysis

Having contacted Dr McDonald he seems to refute quite a lot of the analysis done by Geno 2(Native American and South West Asian) and i wondered how much this was to do with differing methods of analysis and how far back in time the respective analyses go.
    Are there major differences that would account for the glaring differences in conclusions?

How do others results stack up compared to analysis by Dr McDonald?

Well, Geno's "Southwest Asian" is quite different, as it seems to be South Asian, plus Caucasus combined. According to Geno, this component peaks in India, but is also found in different degrees in the ME and Europe. The Southwest Asian we are used to, is basically Arabian, where it peaks, and is significantly found in North Africa, the Levant etc.

Comment

How could Geno 2 get their definition of SW Asia so wrong or did they use the area defined because they couldn't get enough Middle Eastern data to use?

Comment

Originally posted by gatty View Post
        How could Geno 2 get their definition of SW Asia so wrong or did they use the area defined because they couldn't get enough Middle Eastern data to use?
        I think it's just their own term for the mixed component they are using. Everyone knows the regular SW Asian does not peak in Southern India or anywhere in that country. There is some W. Asian among Europeans, so they combined South Asian and W. Asian, basically Caucasus, to come up with this component. Regular South West Asian now comes under "Mediterranean". Their "Meditarranean" covers the Arab countries and Southern Europe.

Comment

Working...
        X