Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Results -60%

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Results -60%

    Currently my geno test is at 60%;been there since 4th Jan. On the project website it says this stage normally takes 6-10 days. Should i be concerned that there's been a glitch with the sample i provided ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by gatty View Post
    Currently my geno test is at 60%;been there since 4th Jan. On the project website it says this stage normally takes 6-10 days. Should i be concerned that there's been a glitch with the sample i provided ?
    It took 23 days for mine to go from 60% to 80% (where I'm still sitting, over a week after the test was supposed to be completed). So my experience is to take those estimates with a grain of salt.

    Comment


    • #3
      No, I sat at 60% for ages. I can't remember the exact amount of time now but it was definitely almost a month.

      Comment


      • #4
        My brother's went to 60% on January 2 and is still there. It has now been 8 weeks since they began analyzing his DNA.

        Comment


        • #5
          I got to

          20% on November 20th,
          40% on November 29th,
          60% on December 13th &
          80% on January 4th.

          I'm still waiting for my results. I contacted them to see when I'd get my results and they said -
          Your kit is currently in the Quality Control phase of testing. The expected results date is between 01/02/2013 and 01/30/2013.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by aidan View Post
            I got to

            20% on November 20th,
            40% on November 29th,
            60% on December 13th &
            80% on January 4th.

            I'm still waiting for my results. I contacted them to see when I'd get my results and they said -

            "Your kit is currently in the Quality Control phase of testing. The expected results date is between 01/02/2013 and 01/30/2013."
            I've been at almost exactly the same dates as you for every stage, so that reply you posted was very informative. Did they just send you that reply, or did you get that a while back?

            Sounds like we've got less than a week to go.

            Comment


            • #7
              Results - 80%

              If you have been in Quality Control for some time you could be waiting a while longer. I have been at 80% since January 3rd and they finally responded to my email query with a boilerplate that says expect to wait another 1-2 weeks.

              They acknowledged receiving my sample Nov 13, so I am on my 11th week.

              They did not specify what the issue is with my sample but one of the possibilities they listed was '...Other samples reveal unique sequence patterns that cannot be categorized by our database.'

              For all those waiting, here are my dates
              Nov 13 20% (they acknowledge receiving my sample)
              Nov 16 40% (DNA isolated)
              Nov 30 60% (anaylyzing sample)
              Dec 17 60% (second identical email, woops did they start over?)
              Jan 3 80%

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the info.

                Mine so far: Received December 10
                Isolated December 14
                Analysing Jan 4

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GhostX View Post
                  I've been at almost exactly the same dates as you for every stage, so that reply you posted was very informative. Did they just send you that reply, or did you get that a while back?

                  Sounds like we've got less than a week to go.
                  I emailed them a few days ago to ask them about the status of my order. They sent me the email yesterday.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aidan View Post
                    I emailed them a few days ago to ask them about the status of my order. They sent me the email yesterday.
                    Thanks for the info, Aidan. That means just a few more days of checking my account many times a day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah same for me 4th of January went from 60 to 80% and it seems logical now that I think of it because they do it by batches like ftdna probably so it's no surprise that several of us should share the very same dates (not bad for a Frenchman eh)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Still stuck at 60%!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yesterday I got the notice I had been moved to QA (80%).

                          Today I got my results! That was quick...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            NatGeo received my sample on 12/13/12 and I've been at 60% since 1/3/13. I called them to see if there were any issues with my sample and I was told that my results should be uploaded soon, they were just a little behind schedule. Maybe I'll hit QC this week.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X