No data yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No data yet

Just wondering if I'm the only one who has not had the data posted yet under the "Expert Options" in the Profile section for the Geno 2.0 results.

Originally posted by KATM View Post
    Just wondering if I'm the only one who has not had the data posted yet under the "Expert Options" in the Profile section for the Geno 2.0 results.
    Nope! I have been that way for awhile - I emailed them and no response

I am going to try to call them in a littlle while to see what's up.

EDIT: I called them and it goes to the FTDNA Lab who said that it is an IT problem and all they can do is notify the IT department at NG - which they have done. He siad it should take only a couple of days. It has been almost a week since I got my results and no 'tab' for download - I don't see how it is a major problem if others have been able to do so? I guess we'll just have to chill for awhile.
    Last edited by JTR; 17 December 2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Missing data

Are both the FTDNA transfer and the data download button missing? I noticed a couple of other people in other forums (not at FTDNA; JTR posted while I was writing) who were saying that they still couldn't download their data so I don't think you're alone. Perhaps they are trying to resolve an anomaly before posting your data. Of the SNPs that Geno 2.0 has tested that are downstream of L21 (and are included in the ISOGG index), it seems that about 20% have given anomalous results, not just for individuals but across the board. I'm also still waiting for my results to be properly transferred to FTDNA. My FTDNA data is missing positive SNPs, acknowledged as positive by Geno 2.0, not just positive in the raw data but displayed in "My Story", and my mtdna has yet to transfer either. Very disappointing. I'd like to consider further testing but that's impossible until FTDNA actually displays my Geno 2.0 results properly. Have you posted your maternal and paternal stories at Geno 2.0? That would allow you access to your extended YDNA Geno 2.0 haplogroup, which might give you a clue as to what other SNPs you've tested positive for. For instance, although Geno 2.0 lists my shorthand designation as R-DF23, I know based on my extended haplogroup that I also tested positive for M222 (it's also in my raw data but I wouldn't need my raw data to know that it's there).
      In any case, I hope you get some good news today.
      Last edited by kullfarr; 17 December 2012, 02:31 PM. Reason: acknowledging JTR

Comment

Originally posted by kullfarr View Post
        Are both the FTDNA transfer and the data download button missing? I noticed a couple of other people in other forums (not at FTDNA; JTR posted while I was writing) who were saying that they still couldn't download their data so I don't think you're alone. Perhaps they are trying to resolve an anomaly before posting your data. Of the SNPs that Geno 2.0 has tested that are downstream of L21 (and are included in the ISOGG index), it seems that about 20% have given anomalous results, not just for individuals but across the board. I'm also still waiting for my results to be properly transferred to FTDNA. My FTDNA data is missing positive SNPs, acknowledged as positive by Geno 2.0, not just positive in the raw data but displayed in "My Story", and my mtdna has yet to transfer either. Very disappointing. I'd like to consider further testing but that's impossible until FTDNA actually displays my Geno 2.0 results properly. Have you posted your maternal and paternal stories at Geno 2.0? That would allow you access to your extended YDNA Geno 2.0 haplogroup, which might give you a clue as to what other SNPs you've tested positive for. For instance, although Geno 2.0 lists my shorthand designation as R-DF23, I know based on my extended haplogroup that I also tested positive for M222 (it's also in my raw data but I wouldn't need my raw data to know that it's there).
        In any case, I hope you get some good news today.
        No, the transfer button is there, just not the data download button. I actually did take the plunge and transferred my own Geno 2.0 kit to FTDNA this morning, just to see some form of the results. The resulting screen confirmed the transfer, but said the results would be available tomorrow. I have not done any other DNA tests yet, besides the Geno 2.0.

I'm waiting to see how that turns out, and to familiarize myself with the FTDNA "myFTDNA" before I transfer my father's results, plus I want to check with him first.

I feel the same way about doing further testing. Wait and see.

Yes, I have posted maternal and paternal stories at Geno 2.0, and that allowed me to see that my father's R-Z253 (R1b1a2a1a1b3a6) was then shown in the story list as R1b1a1c9L, which doesn't appear on the ISOGG Y-haplogroup tree, as of 5 Dec 2012. I guess that means it's a new branch.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll be patient and hope the data button shows up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
          Yes, I have posted maternal and paternal stories at Geno 2.0, and that allowed me to see that my father's R-Z253 (R1b1a2a1a1b3a6) was then shown in the story list as R1b1a1c9L, which doesn't appear on the ISOGG Y-haplogroup tree, as of 5 Dec 2012. I guess that means it's a new branch.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll be patient and hope the data button shows up soon.
          Yeah, they did the same with me - I-Z138 is under I1a but in the story it is I1c. Hopefully it's a new branch.

Comment

stuck in quality control for 2 weeks

Anyone else experience this? I am I1 m-253. Don't know if this could be a reason why. I used a sample of dna I previously provided to ftdna. Does this provide the same results as using geno's chip? I don't know why it's called "first phase". It seems some of this could be made more clear on the geno website. Does the geno project make ftdna deep clade snp testing obsolete?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X