• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clara
    replied
    Aren't acronyms fun!

Hello!

If I recall correctly, Sylvia, GPID stands for "Genonographic Project Identification" number -- or GPID, to make it more "user friendly."

Hope this helps!

Clara

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Kathy, What is GPID I was not given one only a login and cannot add my results to Fam

Originally posted by Kathy
    I posted a question yesterday regarding my mother's (H) and my DNA results (U) being in different Haplogroups. Today I returned to the NGP sign-in page, entered my Mom's number and the results are completely different than the first ones. We now match exactly BUT my Mom's original results have been sent to the Family Tree DNA page. How in the world did this happen? How did NGP post the original results and then change them? Did they have a huge data entry error? If so, would someone tell us about it so we can be assured that the data is now correct?
    Kathy
    Kathy,
    I was not given a GPID. I want yo share my results but I have to have a GPID, all I have a login Id to my results.
    Thank you,
    Sylvia Valdes
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    same GPID#

This is the reply from FTDNA regarding the changed results:

I have updated the results on your FTDNA kit, and I have also found out the reason for the change in results on your Genographic page. During our upload on Friday to both FTDNA and the Genographic project (the same lab tests for both), we detected an error in the upload and stopped, but not in time to prevent a few incorrect results from getting through. Yours was among these, and we were able to collect the correct results and fix them in the Genographic site on Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience! We have confirmed that we have all the correct information, and I’ve updated everything on your FTDNA site as well.

The world makes sense again!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mixed up

I did contact FTDNA because I had already posted the results there. They replied (the same day) that they would change the results manually since I am unable to do that. I still have no explanation from the NGP how this could have happened. As many other people have written, there is no way to contact the NGP.
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Kathy, I woudl suggest you contact FTDNA and ask for their help.

Leave a comment:

• bobr
    replied
    Well that's a relief that you were not 'switched' at birth. It looks like they mixed up the results, but not the sample. That is concerning since there is probably someone else who got the wrong results. I hope this is not a typical problem.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Complete different results- same GPID #

Complete different results- same GPID #

I posted a question yesterday regarding my mother's (H) and my DNA results (U) being in different Haplogroups. Today I returned to the NGP sign-in page, entered my Mom's number and the results are completely different than the first ones. We now match exactly BUT my Mom's original results have been sent to the Family Tree DNA page. How in the world did this happen? How did NGP post the original results and then change them? Did they have a huge data entry error? If so, would someone tell us about it so we can be assured that the data is now correct?
    Kathy
Working...
X