No announcement yet.

Results of complimentary Geno 2.0 kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of complimentary Geno 2.0 kit ?

On September 26th I was pleased to read that one of the FTDNA kits I administrate had been selected for testing of the Geno 2.0 chip.

The email goes on to say "your data - autosomal, mtDNA and Y (in the case of men) will be uploaded to the new National Geographic website at www.genographic.com later this fall".

Since I did not pay for this test I do not feel especially entitled to know the results.

However, if they do become available I and the kit owner would be interested to know the results.

Also, seeing an actual example of Geno 2.0 results will help me decide if I should upgrade other kits and if I should recommend geno 2.0 to others.

Does anyone here know how to check (the progress on) the results of a complimentary Geno 2.0 kit ?

Thanks,
    -Lars.

Originally posted by Lklundin View Post
    On September 26th I was pleased to read that one of the FTDNA kits I administrate had been selected for testing of the Geno 2.0 chip.

Since I did not pay for this test I do not feel especially entitled to know the results.

However, if they do become available I and the kit owner would be interested to know the results.

Does anyone here know how to check (the progress on) the results of a complimentary Geno 2.0 kit ?

Thanks,
    -Lars.
    I asked FTDNA via telephone today when they were going to issue GPID (Geno-Project Identification Numbers) to the "complimentary" folks since it would seem that we have been forgotten.

Even if the y-DNA results are not ready for release, it would be great to read some of the "Our Story" posts that we are currently locked out of.

I also asked them to consider releasing the mtDNA & atDNA results to us while we wait for the y-DNA.

It's hard to be patient when you are promised results in 2 weeks and 2 weeks later you're told "2 more weeks."
    (I thought Groundhog day was Feb. 2 not Dec 2.)

Comment

Results of complimentary Geno 2.0 kit

The results of my complimentary Geno 2.0 kit are in, haplogroups for both mtDNA and Y-DNA are available, as well as a gzip'ed 154486-line CSV-file.

Now I am looking for a tree showing the placement of the mtDNA haplogroup H1ak.

Edited: Found H1ak in the most recent tree at http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_R0.htm
      Last edited by Lklundin; 12 December 2012, 02:58 AM. Reason: H1ak

Comment

Geno 2.0 for free

Originally posted by Lklundin View Post
        The results of my complimentary Geno 2.0 kit are in, haplogroups for both mtDNA and Y-DNA are available, as well as a gzip'ed 154486-line CSV-file.

Now I am looking for a tree showing the placement of the mtDNA haplogroup H1ak.

Edited: Found H1ak in the most recent tree at http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_R0.htm
        Hi,

how did you get access to the results?
        Have you received an unsolicited email from FTDNA?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomeranian View Post
          Hi,

Sorry, I mean "without asking" (not "unsolicited")!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomeranian View Post
            Hi,

Yes, without asking I received an email from familytreedna.com with subject 'Your complimentary Geno 2.0 kit' giving instructions on how to log in and access my results.

Comment

Working...
            X