Geno 2.0 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno 2.0 Results

Results are starting to come in. I started this thread so that people could post messages related to their results here rather than on the Batch Calendar where they might be harder to find.

Eagerly awaiting mine--my kit is at 80%

Jim

Geno Results

I did post on the Geno 2.0 Batch I didn't know where else to put it. You can go there for the pop list and regions they use.
    You started this so I will post here to be included
    47% Med--31% N European--20% SW Asian
    3.5% Neanderthal and 3.1% Denisovan The Neanderthal is based on 1-4 range
    They list German and Greek as most like? That I am not sure. There is a lot to take in and I will have to study it a bit to understand. 23&me has My Neanderthal at 2.4 but don't know their scale just in case someone is interested in knowing there is a difference.
    I am sure other results will be rolling in!!!

Comment

A family member received a complimentary kit because his FTDNA sample was one of the ones used in testing the chip for Geno 2.0. How do we view his results? No log-in or any additional information was ever given to us.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
        I started this thread so that people could post messages related to their results here rather than on the Batch Calendar where they might be harder to find.
        Good idea. The batch calendar is probably best reserved for comparing dates.

I'm curious to know how SNP results (specifically Y-SNPs) are reported. Is it all just raw data files or can you view a list of positive Y-SNPs and mt-SNPs?

Comment

I posted in the batch calendar thread also.

My wife, Mexican ancestry both sides:

NATIVE AMERICAN: 41%
          MEDITERRANEAN: 25%
          NORTHERN EUROPEAN: 16%
          SOUTHWEST ASIAN: 9%
          SUB-SAHARAN AFRICAN: 3%
          SOUTHEAST ASIAN: 3%
          NORTHEAST ASIAN: 2%

mtDNA: C1c5
          2% Neanderthal
          1% Denisovan

The Northern European is a bit of a surprise.

Comment

Travers, I am in the same boat.

They have had our results for months now and all that is required is to assign a GPID (Geno Project ID) and upload the data.

I have emailed and called FTDNA several times but all I keep hearing is that an email with this information will be sent to us "soon."

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

CeCe Moore has posted some screen shots on her blog:

http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.co...irst-look.html

The raw data example is for mtDNA.

Comment

Originally posted by auntsha View Post
                I did post on the Geno 2.0 Batch I didn't know where else to put it. You can go there for the pop list and regions they use.
                They list German and Greek as most like? That I am not sure. There is a lot to take in and I will have to study it a bit to understand. 23&me has My Neanderthal at 2.4 but don't know their scale just in case someone is interested in knowing there is a difference.
                The fact that they put German as your #1 Reference Population is shocking! Your Mediterranean and Northern European scores where nearly an exact opposite to the German Reference Population. Your Mediterranean and Northern European scores were much more similar to the Greek Reference Population, yet Greek was put as #2 behind German! Astonishing!! I don't know what your actual ancestry is, but even a child would pick Greek over German if given the two choices and your results.
                Hopefully, they will correct this blatant error and given an explanation. If I had seen your results a few months back I wouldn't have ordered the test!

Comment

Originally posted by auntsha View Post
                  How in the world did they look at your results of 47% Mediterranean, 37% Northern European, and 20% Southwest Asian and choose the German Reference Population as your #1 match?! Your Mediterranean and Northern European results are nearly an exact opposite of the German Reference Population! Even a child would be able to see that, given the two choices, your scores are much, much, more similar to the Greek Reference Population, which came in #2 behind the German!

What is going on? How could they come up with this? Truly, if I had seen a result like this a few months back I would have laughed and kept my money in my wallet!

Comment

Maybe N. European is referencing German as most likely and Med. is referencing Greek as most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by JTR View Post
                      Maybe N. European is referencing German as most likely and Med. is referencing Greek as most likely.
                      Yes, that is what even a child would determine. Yet, they have them reversed. To National Geographic, Mediterranean is German and Northern European is Greek.

Comment

Does NG provide a place where members can post their results? I've read some 800 people have already received theirs and some 18 have posted their results. But don't know where.

Comment

Originally posted by kilrush98 View Post
                          Yes, that is what even a child would determine. Yet, they have them reversed. To National Geographic, Mediterranean is German and Northern European is Greek.
                          I do not see where they said it was that way? If you go to Cece's latest blog you can see the screen shots - and they list Greece under Med and Germany under N. European. If they did list that on auntsha's page then that is just a mistake particular to her.

Comment

Ok! I think after seing the screen shot for 'Germany' it makes more sense.

Here is how they break it down for the reference population:

Germany ---> 46% N.European, 36% Med, 17% SW Asian.

These markers relfect the composition of Native Germans - The dominant N. European likely reflects the earliest settlers followed by the Med and the SW Asian.

YOU ---> 47% Med, 31% N. European, 20% SW Asian.

They also noted that this is a mixture of recent (past six generations) and ancient patterns. This does not mean that you necessarily belong to these groups or are from these regions but were a similar genetic match and may be used as a guide as to why you have this result.

You will also have a second reference population like Greece for example.

Greece would be --> 54% Med, 28% NE, 17% SW Asian.

Use these as references for your result.

Hope that helps. This is actually pretty cool!
                            Last edited by JTR; 22 November 2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTR View Post
                              I do not see where they said it was that way? If you go to Cece's latest blog you can see the screen shots - and they list Greece under Med and Germany under N. European. If they did list that on auntsha's page then that is just a mistake particular to her.
                              Okay, let's do this slowly and in childlike fashion.

Let us say that we are going to make three color coded blocks (just like the Geno 2.0 results page) to represent Auntsha's percentages, the German Reference Population percentages and the Greek Reference Population percentages.

Auntsha: Mediterranean = 47%, Northern European = 31%, Southwest Asian = 20%

German: Mediterranean = 36%, Northern European = 46%, Southwest Asian = 17%

Greek: Mediterranean = 54%, Northern European = 28%, Southwest Asian = 17%

Okay, now we get 10 five year old children, 10 adults from out on the street, a goat, a dead fish and a member of the Geno 2.0 team, and we gather them all in a room. We give them each a set of the three blocks and ask them to throw away the one block that doesn't match with the others.

I would say that all of the children, all of the adults, the goat and the dead fish would all throw away the German Reference Population block. ONLY, the member of the Geno 2.0 team would keep the German Reference Population bloc and throw the Greek Population block away.

That is what has happened with Autsha's results. The Greek Population block is so much more similar to Auntsha's block than is the German Population block that it makes one think that alcohol must have been involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X