Nat Geno 2.0 & Y-DNA R1b-U106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat Geno 2.0 & Y-DNA R1b-U106

I have created a spreadsheet of U106+ folks who have ordered the Nat Geno 2.0 test and willing to have their results revealed on this sheet.

I would be more than willing to add anyone else who is U106+ to this sheet.

I am currently looking for individual(s) who are L11+ but U106- who would be willing to be included on this spreadsheet. This would make it easier to see which new SNPs are downstream of U106 vs which ones are upstream.

Ray

feel free to contact me at: wing_genealogist AT yahoo DOT com

I have ordered the Geno 2.0 and expect the most probable Y group to be R1b. So well see. Do you know if there are any 3rd parties that will or can do a ancestry painting with the results of the Geno 2.0 raw data? Will 23&Me take it? I need to get a painting and I don't want to spend another couple hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by JTR View Post
      I have ordered the Geno 2.0 and expect the most probable Y group to be R1b. So well see. Do you know if there are any 3rd parties that will or can do a ancestry painting with the results of the Geno 2.0 raw data? Will 23&Me take it? I need to get a painting and I don't want to spend another couple hundred.
      Until we actually get results back, it will be impossible to tell what we will or can do with the results. It is expected that Nat Geo will provide a pretty good ancestry painting as part of the results. It was my understanding the SNPs were selected for this type of testing, rather than trying to connect with cousins.

It is also hoped that various forums, such as Gedmatch & Docad (just to name a couple) will make it possible to upload Nat Geno raw results, but like I said above, even they won't know what the results will look like yet.

Comment

Working...
      X