Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuckolded Fathers Rare in Human Populations.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frederator View Post
    The term 'cuckold' may be rather over-used to describe a wide variety of normal situations that have nothing at all to do with marital infidelity, like the assumption of a step-father's surname or an informal adoption.
    The authors appear to have lived in a different century.
    There are other reasons for non-parental events (NPE) aside from cukoldry; (a) men knowingly married pregnant girls who were "in trouble" to give them "a good name;" (b) adoption, (c) incest.

Comment

Originally posted by rmm0484 View Post
      The authors appear to have lived in a different century.
      There are other reasons for non-parental events (NPE) aside from cukoldry; (a) men knowingly married pregnant girls who were "in trouble" to give them "a good name;" (b) adoption, (c) incest.

Comment

In the >2000 men Clan Donald project we have numerous paper trail lines, an even more surnamed lines, that go back to
        the year 1150. The number of previously unsuspected NPEs is zero. The number of previously suspected ones among the gentry or aristocracy is one. All this of course excludes
        VERY close McDonald relatives.

There are plenty of previously known or strongly suspected ones among commoners confirmed by DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
          In my case (above), I found a marriage record online that shows my maternal grandparents married when she was 6 months pregnant. I assume hat record is correct, as seen at Ancestry. Anyway, it took place down in Rockford, Illinois. I mean they lived in Madison, Wisconsin. So it was probably a civil marriage. And it obviously was not in the Catholic church. So the Catholic relatives on his side would have regarded my mother as a bastard, I suppose. My family tree, based mostly on the Ancestry database, is quite full except for my maternal grandfather's branch. Also lacking proof is my direct maternal line prior to 1800 in early USA/colonies.
          Well, I've finally come to the conclusion that John Schrotz (born in Austria) was not the biological father of my mother. Accepting that makes more sense out of My Origins at FTDNA. But I'll never know who her real biological father was. It was sure good of John Schrotz to have married her mother when she was 6 months pregnant, as per marriage record at Ancestry. Now those matches at Ancestry and FTDNA who are Italian, French-Canadian > Cajun French, and Spanish seem more likely to connect to that mysterious man, or at least some of them. It looks like a New Orleans geographic focus. Since my mother was born in March 1918, that means that romance happened during the summer of 1917 during WWI.
          Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 20th October 2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X