Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient DNA Analysis of 8000 B.C. Near Eastern Farmers Supports an Early Neolithic Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
    Is that what's supposed to be going on here? 'Cause to the casual observer, it looks more like you're taking a few seconds between insulting everyone to mentally... um... pleasure yourself and then crowing about it triumphantly as though you've managed some great feat of acuity.
    Yes, this poster seems to have an uncontrollable need to boost his self-image by pontificating about his views (which may or may not have merit) and then insisting that anyone who doesn't recognize his "genius" is some sort of idiot. It's a sad psychological condition and I doubt that he has many people who know him personally and can tolerate his antics.

So, posting online allows him to "pleasure himself," as you put it. Please, Darren and FTDNA, don't feed his pathology and relieve us of being continually insulted - either he should learn to post in a civilized manner or have his posting rights revoked.

I moderate a Yahoogroup related to R1b-U106 with several hundred members. I would have at the very least put this poster on moderation long ago if he tried posting his insults in my Yahoogroup. Effective moderation of an online forum is a legitimate function for serious discussion to take place and Darren and FTDNA should not hesitate to resort to it in cases like this.
    Last edited by MMaddi; 14 May 2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xyyman View Post
      I am confused. What don’t you like? Me calling out someone for posing as a woman to make them look weak? I said ‘‘if”. I am not sure what he/she is. My point is …he/she is inferring that women as a group don’t like these open discussion ONLY men do. Which to me is a put down on intelligent women. I have a daughter and I certainly don’t want her to grow up thinking she is the weak. She may not be as physically strong as a man but she can be just as demanding, intelligent and driven as any man.

Anyone one can be anyone on the internet. I am chinese.

Now can we get back on topic?
      Now I have been following your posts and admit you have posted some interesting things but, have noticed that your behaviour is off the wall. However I find your behaviour grating, after your comment questioning a posters sex there is no doubt you have problems. I've about had it with this forum someone needs to either put you in check or show you the door, your rudeness doesn't help clarify any of your points.
      Last edited by AFH; 14 May 2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

There you go again. The First Farmers is “a rediculous discussion”. Really? My post IS about the First Farmers.

Again – Can we stop talk about me and get back on topic.
        Last edited by xyyman; 14 May 2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

There you go again. The First Farmers is “a rediculous discussion”. Really? My post IS about the First Farmers.

Again – Can we stop talk about me and get back on topic.

You have made it about you, sticking to the topic is a wise choice.

Comment

back to the Farmers

Dr Phil is not really a doctor. And I have too many
            friends. And Tiger got nothing on me..So let’s back on topic..again. What is the next hot topic?

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
            {] I doubt that he has many people who know him personally and can tolerate his antics.

So, posting online allows him to "pleasure himself," as you put it. Please, Darren and FTDNA, don't feed his pathology and relieve us of being continually insulted - either he should learn to post in a civilized manner or have his posting rights revoked.

I moderate a Yahoogroup related to R1b-U106 with several hundred members.

Last edited by xyyman; 14 May 2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LynCra View Post
              I find it inappropriate that you question the sex of another poster. Even more inappropriate that you consider the sex of the poster to have any implication for their intellect, strength or right to have an opinion. You are of course entitled to have your own opinions, but this is not the place to be sharing them.
              Thank you, I am so tired of it all.

I will take my questions and research to another more respectful group.

And YES I am a smart FEMALE to bad you can't respect others. !

And I am far from WEAK

Comment

The antagonist in this thread needs to understand that scientific credentials are not required to post in this thread. Posters vary greatly when it comes to knowledge about genetic genealogy. Most of us have a passion about this. Some are quite well read; others moderately so; others are new to the subject. Many of us are not trained in statistical analysis.

We like to be able to share our understanding & insights without having to deal with insults & ridicule for merely sharing what we think about this.

If you have better information & insights, please share without offending others. Don't say that we are all wrong without offering an alternative. Most of us are trying to grow in our understanding of the deep genealogical & anthropological heritage of all of humanity & most have a passion for various branches of interest. Most of us recognize that this field is rapidly growing, insofar as data from testing, both living people, as well as ancient remains. None of this is absolutely settled. Hypotheses are developed that attempt to connect the dots (ie, data). Most of us recognize that this will change over time.

If you have something to say or add, be constructive. We are eager to learn about another person's thoughts on the matter, but none of us want to be unnecessarily insulted.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

ummm

Wow...
                  I just wanted to know more about the paper in more Layman's terms as I am not a scientist.
                  That whole Jenner response; I don't know how anyone concluded that that poster was a male posing as a female; and that was just the beginning of the amazement and shock at the back and forth between the posters in this thread.
                  Who cares if the poster was actually male or is in transition? I don't care if joeschmoe calls himself the princess of taipei or Venus, so long as the individual (if they are responding to me, my comments, or queries), is polite/cordial and not condescending in doing so. However that is me and my opinion.
                  Thanks for enlightening me on the drama.

Comment

I know sometimes it is difficult for a “non-Scientist” to understand the difference between a FACT and a Hypothesis ie Truth vs “make believe”. But I am here to help! If anyone is not LEARNING anything hit me up I can explain a different way. I have been criticized for being too repetitive. I don’t want to be ignored. (insert tongue in cheek).
                    To add to my post a moment ago: If this, (the above quote), was directed at me; I may be a "non-Scientist" as I put it in my original post in this thread, however, your insult is WAY off the mark. I am an aspiring Genealogist, Historian and aspiring History Teacher (I am presently in College to become one). And I DAMNED well understand the difference between FACTS and Hypothesis. What I do not understand is WHG and the other abbreviations used throughout your posts and others; I am new to the DNA research World, not the World itself. You say you want to help, well, for starters, you can stop sarcastically criticizing the very people who ask for help.
                    Last edited by LadyAlaise; 14 May 2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hazel_ion View Post
                      I will take my questions and research to another more respectful group.
                      I myself found a much simpler solution: I put troublesome posters on my ignore list.

Comment

Personal insults are not tolerated on the forum and action has been taken.

-Darren
                        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by LadyAlaise View Post
                          To add to my post a moment ago: If this, (the above quote), was directed at me; I may be a "non-Scientist" as I put it in my original post in this thread, however, your insult is WAY off the mark. I am an aspiring Genealogist, Historian and aspiring History Teacher (I am presently in College to become one). And I DAMNED well understand the difference between FACTS and Hypothesis. What I do not understand is WHG and the other abbreviations used throughout your posts and others; I am new to the DNA research World, not the World itself. You say you want to help, well, for starters, you can stop sarcastically criticizing the very people who ask for help.
                          WHG is Western European Hunter Gatherer autosomal dna.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892

Comment

Thank you Darren.

Comment

Thank you Darren, glad to hear it. And thank you 1798 for the explanation.

Comment

@1798 That is actually a good article explaining the tri-fold origins of modern day Europeans. A very good starting point for putting things together.

Comment

Working...
                                X