mtDNA success story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA success story

After completing a mtDNA FullSequence I was classified as H and had one match. I was excited to see she had a French email address because that is where my maternal and paternal family came from via Canada. It turns out that she was actually born in Canada not far from where my mother was born , and immigrated back to France. After comparing family trees we found one woman in common in our two trees who lived in Canada. We also were able to independently trace this woman back to one village in France. Pretty neat.

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
    After completing a mtDNA FullSequence I was classified as H and had one match. I was excited to see she had a French email address because that is where my maternal and paternal family came from via Canada. It turns out that she was actually born in Canada not far from where my mother was born , and immigrated back to France. After comparing family trees we found one woman in common in our two trees who lived in Canada. We also were able to independently trace this woman back to one village in France. Pretty neat.
    Very cool! It's kind of ironic about the French e-mail address. Have you joined the French-Canadian project? It would be interesting to know if you have close matches with others in the project, with perhaps a "private" mutation that developed in your lineage.

Comment

Yes I belong to the French Heritage project and a French Canadian gedmatch group. I am not entirely sure if this included my mtDNA data.
      I am an H33 according to James Lick with some other mutations.
      I think it is rare.

Comment

Gratz Mark! Very kewl!

Comment

Thanks kasandra- it was fun to be able to tell my 90+ mother where in France her ancestry came from. She enjoyed hearing about it.

Comment

Working...
          X