No announcement yet.

Oh my,knocking on a strangers door.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my,knocking on a strangers door.....

It might be too early to get so excited, but I just posted an exact match. She lists an area not far from Finland. My hands have gone cold, and my heart is racing. I hope she answers. Maybe more tests are now in the near future.

behind the redwood curtain??

Mari, regarding your location, are you anywhere near Eureka. I was born there and raised in Arcata.

Comment

Jp

As a matter of fact....yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mari View Post
        It might be too early to get so excited, but I just posted an exact match. She lists an area not far from Finland. My hands have gone cold, and my heart is racing. I hope she answers. Maybe more tests are now in the near future.
        You mean a twin?! Tell me more!

Judy
        NY born (1956) Adoptee

Comment

lol........

Comment

"Exact Match"

Originally posted by mari View Post
            lol........
            Mari, OK, sorry if I missed something explained in an earleir thread but what do you mean by "exact match"? Do you mean a mtDNA FMS match? If that is the case then don't get too excited. I had one of those, and the common ancestor can still be as much as 16 generations back. That person and I then did the Family Finder test, and we didn't come up on each others list of "cousins" at all. I was disappointed.

Family Finder will only pich up 50% of your 4th cousins, and 2% of your 5th cousins, so I guess that means that my FMS match and I could be as close as 4th or 5th cousins but it didn't get detected by FF.

Judy
            NY adoptee
            Last edited by nolnacsj; 17 September 2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X