Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! An exact match at 25 markers for my African American Grandfather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaru
    replied
    Very Generous of You!

Hopefully someone will take you up on that offer!

Leave a comment:

• nolnacsj
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaru View Post
    Thank you Judy!

Both sides of my family are adoptees, so this has been a tough road for me. This is my first success.
    If any adoptees need assistance with searches let me know and I will provide you with the names of online search and reunion resources that are FREE, and very helpful to those searching (birth family or adoptees). The sites where I am a member have wonderful "search angels" who will help, and they do not charge anything.

Judy

Leave a comment:

• Kasandra
    replied
    Gratz! Hope your success continues.

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post
    Zaru, that is great! I am an adoptee so I know how it feels to receive new information that could lead to more knowledge about your ancestry. As a female, I don't have Y-DNA testing available to me so be thankful you can!

Best wishes for continued success.

Judy
    Thank you Judy!

Both sides of my family are adoptees, so this has been a tough road for me. This is my first success.

Leave a comment:

• nolnacsj
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaru View Post
    It's been a good week for me on my maternal father's side. First we were able to confirm his E1b1a Hg, with closest matches from Cameroon. Now we discover that we have an exact match at 25 markers. In African American history we know that surnames can only be used as secondary tools, but with the DNA tests, we can achieve greater results.

I have contacted the gentleman and hopefully soon we'll get a response. We do not have the same surname but I am not overly concerned with that now. I am still waiting for our third panel returns, but our match has only 25 markers tested. Hopefully he will upgrade...
    Zaru, that is great! I am an adoptee so I know how it feels to receive new information that could lead to more knowledge about your ancestry. As a female, I don't have Y-DNA testing available to me so be thankful you can!

Best wishes for continued success.

Judy

Leave a comment:

• Wow! An exact match at 25 markers for my African American Grandfather!

It's been a good week for me on my maternal father's side. First we were able to confirm his E1b1a Hg, with closest matches from Cameroon. Now we discover that we have an exact match at 25 markers. In African American history we know that surnames can only be used as secondary tools, but with the DNA tests, we can achieve greater results.

I have contacted the gentleman and hopefully soon we'll get a response. We do not have the same surname but I am not overly concerned with that now. I am still waiting for our third panel returns, but our match has only 25 markers tested. Hopefully he will upgrade...
Working...
X