Many matches all same surname

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many matches all same surname

Was just notified a few weeks ago of a new 65/67 match and it continues to be the same surname (for new members, my Dad was adopted, an NPE for sure).
    My brother now has a total of 71 matches (ALL same surname). Of those, there are 18 exact matches at 12, 11 exact matches at 25, 2 exact matches at 37, and at 67 there are: 1 exact match at 67, and 65/67, 64/67, 63/67 and 62/67. There are 21 total who are 1 off at each level, 9 total who are 2 off but most of the 71 have not upgraded to 67. However, on my brother's personal page for matches at FTDNA all are Shirleys! Wonderful for an NPE!
    And a wonderful paper trail came, too!
    Fannie
    (ruth22)

Originally posted by Fannie View Post
    Was just notified a few weeks ago of a new 65/67 match and it continues to be the same surname (for new members, my Dad was adopted, an NPE for sure).
    My brother now has a total of 71 matches (ALL same surname). Of those, there are 18 exact matches at 12, 11 exact matches at 25, 2 exact matches at 37, and at 67 there are: 1 exact match at 67, and 65/67, 64/67, 63/67 and 62/67. There are 21 total who are 1 off at each level, 9 total who are 2 off but most of the 71 have not upgraded to 67. However, on my brother's personal page for matches at FTDNA all are Shirleys! Wonderful for an NPE!
    And a wonderful paper trail came, too!
    Fannie
    (ruth22)
    forgot to add my brother's haplogroup/type. It is
    E1b1b1c* M123*
    ruth22

Comment

Thats great!

Congrats! Have you managed to find to contact any of these matches?

Comment

Originally posted by spruithean View Post
        Congrats! Have you managed to find to contact any of these matches?
        Yes, supruithean, with very cordial result and also with no response whatsoever. Not every member will be pleased when an NPE appears and I can understand that. However, we are posted within the "family" project and have received an excellent paper trail which is the most important thing!
        ruth22

Comment

Yes, supruithean, with very cordial result and also with no response whatsoever. Not every member will be pleased when an NPE appears and I can understand that. However, we are posted within the "family" project and have received an excellent paper trail which is the most important thing!
          ruth22
          Thats great that with the testing you found an excellent paper trail. I am waiting for a good match besides the one I already have in my surname group....

I wonder if the emails you send your matches go to their junk folders, Perhaps they haven't checked their junk folders in a while?

Comment

Originally posted by spruithean View Post
            Thats great that with the testing you found an excellent paper trail. I am waiting for a good match besides the one I already have in my surname group....

I wonder if the emails you send your matches go to their junk folders, Perhaps they haven't checked their junk folders in a while?
            I know that some are elderly and no doubt don't know how to cope with newer technology. I really think most only want to know their own history and are not too concerned with more than that. For instance, I am contact person for 5 other persons who are interested in what I can glean for them but are not motivated to personally respond to the emails they receive from matches.
            They are not aware of the broader field beyond that and how much more they could learn about themselves. No response appears to be a universal occurrence, unfortunately for those to whom it is really meaningful, seeking "lost" or unknown family.
            ruth22

Comment

forgot to add my brother's haplogroup/type. It is
              E1b1b1c* M123*
              ruth22
              That is wonderful. It is always nice to see a REAL "Success Story" here.

FYI - Haplogroup is E1b1b1c* - Haplotype is the value of his markers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                That is wonderful. It is always nice to see a REAL "Success Story" here.

FYI - Haplogroup is E1b1b1c* - Haplotype is the value of his markers.
                Thanks, Jim.
                ruth22

Comment

Working...
                X