Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jablair
    replied
    Actually, this forum is set up like most others I have used.

When you first enter the forum you are given a list of the various "sections" or "general topic areas" within the forum. For example, for questions or discussions pertaining to the general topic of DNA and genealogy you would click on "DNA and Genealogy" on the main page page of the forum.

This will bring you to a new page which lists all of the various "threads" or specific questions and replies. When you find a specific thread that interests you, click on it and it will open a page with the question and the replies.

I prefer to use the "New Posts" tab near the top of the page. This give you a list of all threads that have had activity since the last time you visited the forum.

The other option is to use the "Search" tab, right next to the "New Posts" tab. Click on this and type in the topic you are interested in. You can select whether you want the search term to show up anywhere in the post or only in the Title of the post. There are also a number of other options available when doing a search. If you go the search page and type in "Scandinavian" (without the quotes) and select "search title only", you will find about a half a dozen entries including "R1b L21+ Scandinavian".

If you have trouble opening the "Search" tab when you click on it, try a right click and open in a new tab or window.

As I said, this forum works like most others I have used.

Scottish DNA - Better than Life Insurance

Leave a comment:

• spruithean
    replied
    Originally posted by rucksack View Post
    Thank's for your response.

What would one do to search through a full list of all topics / threads? What I mean, what if I want to scan through all kinds of titles and THEN decide that I'd like to open that thread to read it?

There must be some way to do that, but again, the "style" of the forum does not make it obvious to me.

Best -
    I found another option down at the bottom of the screen when you are on say for example the "DNA and Genealogy forum" you can click on this box and it will give you a way to navigate to all the other forums... but not the R-L21 Scandinavian thread or the I1 DNA Project forum...

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied
    or bored?

Maybe people are just getting tired of this subject, when they have all kinds of other problems and distractions. As for me, I have little else to do.

U5b2 & R1a1

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    replied
    Originally posted by spruithean View Post
    I think you have to use the search tool. Which you have to right click and open up in a different tab... because it doesn't seem to be working.
    Thank's for your response.

What would one do to search through a full list of all topics / threads? What I mean, what if I want to scan through all kinds of titles and THEN decide that I'd like to open that thread to read it?

There must be some way to do that, but again, the "style" of the forum does not make it obvious to me.

Best -

Leave a comment:

• spruithean
    replied
    Originally posted by rucksack View Post
    I know that this does not likely belong were I've put it.

Can anyone give me a good explanation on how to navigate this forum?

If there are no NEW or recently posted to threads when I log in, all I see is a very limited list of topics.

Nowhere in that topic list do I see something that I might have just seen today.

As an example, R1b L21+ Scandinavian, or whatever it is called; how do I find it?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I am at a loss to figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance, and please, if you need to move this posting, please send me a message with the link.

Best -
    I think you have to use the search tool. Which you have to right click and open up in a different tab... because it doesn't seem to be working.

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    started a topic Forum help requested

Forum help requested

I know that this does not likely belong were I've put it.

Can anyone give me a good explanation on how to navigate this forum?

If there are no NEW or recently posted to threads when I log in, all I see is a very limited list of topics.

Nowhere in that topic list do I see something that I might have just seen today.

As an example, R1b L21+ Scandinavian, or whatever it is called; how do I find it?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I am at a loss to figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance, and please, if you need to move this posting, please send me a message with the link.

Best -
Working...
X