Adoptee - Haplogroup A - Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheryl,

If you go for the Tribes test, consider adding the Native American Panel that compares you to Native American samples and/or the Extended Report that compares you to every population in the Tribes database. The Extended is the better value as even middling matches offer clues.

Comment

In looking at DNA Tribes I thought it looked like you would add the Native American panel if none of those groups came up in your top 10 or however many are reported in the standard panel. I think also that's something you can pay for later.

I won't be doing anything else right away, so will look a little more into what full mtDNA would give me over something like DNA Tribes. I'm wishing I had known about the full mtDNA sequencing before spending money on just HVR1, although Genographics is a nice project to support.

Comment

Cheryl,

You are ahead of the game on Mt, many go on to HVR2 before settling on FGS. As to Tribes, the supplemental reports are add-ons, you have to do the BGA first, but you can order a supplement with original order. The Extended Report is a better value than any of the individual panels as Extended contains matches against all populations in the database. The value of the BGA is the lab report of allele values and Tribes World Region scores. All the Native and Global matches will appear in Extended.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely go for the extended report as an add on. It sounds like the better value for me.

Comment

Working...
          X