Success!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

My second cousin (once removed), Mark, just got the results of his upgrade to 37 markers.

We are now an exact match at 37 markers.

He is YSearch 358E9, and I am YSearch HX9ZF.

Thanks, God!

And thank you, too, FTDNA!

Our most recent common ancestor is my great-great-grandfather (Mark's great-grandfather), who was born in 1835 in Beaver County, Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      My second cousin (once removed), Mark, just got the results of his upgrade to 37 markers.

Thanks, God!

Our most recent common ancestor is my great-great-grandfather (Mark's great-grandfather), who was born in 1835 in Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
      Congratulations! I thought you had been a bit quiet of late, but there'll be fireworks over your corner of Virginia tonight! Hopefully Mark and his known relatives will help to flesh out your Stevens paper-trail.

Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo

Thanks, God!

Stevo
        That is an awesome thing..I know!! My male 3rd cousin(Carrow from DE) has also matched 37/37 another Carrow from North Carolina. It also is R1b1c.We do not know for sure the common ancestor but we THINK it is a John Carrow who is in Accomack VA in 1643. "We" ( A John Carrow) lived in MD/DE since 1700 and "they"( Also a John Carrow/Carroun) in NE NC c. 1714.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
          Just after Christmas, an exact 12-marker match with a man with my surname appeared on my FTDNA personal page. I got a little excited but then calmed myself through the realization that it was only a 12-marker match and my surname (Stevens) is relatively common. I attempted to contact the man via email and, through the auspices of FTDNA, by snail mail. Since I didn't get a response from him, I gave up. To say I was disappointed is putting it very mildly.

Well, last night, St. Patrick's Day evening, I decided to give it one last try. I sent the man another email, this time attaching a link to my YSearch GEDCOM.

Lo and behold, I got an answer this morning!

As it turns out, this man's grandfather was the younger brother of my great-grandfather!!!

Hallelujah!!!

My great-grandfather was nearly 19 years older than his grandfather (even though they were brothers), so my match is only four years older than me, despite the difference of one generation.

Anyway, I am overjoyed. After reading his email, I was able to find my match in my family book. I am hoping he will keep in touch.

I am also hoping he will create a YSearch entry (I asked him to ) and consider upgrading to more markers.

Thanks, God, and thank you, FTDNA!
          Rich, I missed this and am reminded of "back when" when you were hoping to hear from him.
          This is so wonderful - for you and for him.
          Praising God with you,
          ruth22 (Fannie)

Comment

Originally posted by Fannie View Post
            Rich, I missed this and am reminded of "back when" when you were hoping to hear from him.
            This is so wonderful - for you and for him.
            Praising God with you,
            ruth22 (Fannie)
            Thanks, Fannie. That was one of the best things that ever happened to me, so, naturally, I think FTDNA is pretty cool, and money spent with them is money well spent.

Now I am waiting on something just as exciting (if you have seen that other thread), plus I'm getting a big charge out of my projects every day.

Comment

Congradulations Stevo.

We've come a long way since the day we met in the Batch Calendar Forum.

I also had a second cousin, (once removed) sequenced.
              We matched 36/37

This cousin's grandfather, was brother to my father's grandfather.

Our common ancestor was born in Ireland 1802

Our miss-match was on a red number. DYS570...I have 17..he has 18.

Great Stuff....I know we are really looking forward to L-21's further divisions.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Should i do the "23andme" thing?
              Do they need more sequences to find these snp's ?
              I'm just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O'Connor View Post
                Congradulations Stevo.

We've come a long way since the day we met in the Batch Calendar Forum.

I also had a second cousin, (once removed) sequenced.
                We matched 36/37

This cousin's grandfather, was brother to my father's grandfather.

Our common ancestor was born in Ireland 1802

Our miss-match was on a red number. DYS570...I have 17..he has 18.

Great Stuff....I know we are really looking forward to L-21's further divisions.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Should i do the "23andme" thing?
                Do they need more sequences to find these snp's ?
                I'm just wondering.
                Yep, we've come a long way, and we've managed to stay in the same subclade the whole time.

I think you would be better off with FTDNA's "Walk on the Y", but it's a little expensive.

Patrick Tagert is organizing the R-L21* guys who are pooling their money to test some lucky individuals on the "Walk on the Y".

Comment

Working...
                X