Journalist looking for an adoptee sucess story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journalist looking for an adoptee sucess story

If any of you is in a situation where the DNA test helped connect with a biological paternal or maternal line, after you or a direct male or female ancestor was adopted, please contact me outside of the list at [email protected].

Thank you
    Max Blankfeld
    Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
    A Gene by Gene Company

Originally posted by admin
    If any of you is in a situation where the DNA test helped connect with a biological paternal or maternal line, after you or a direct male or female ancestor was adopted, please contact me outside of the list at [email protected].

Thank you

I'll bet every adoptee on here would be interested in that story. My Ystr and snp tests didn't lead to any possible connections.

Scot

Comment

Enough Success for now, maybe more later.

I am an adoptee who may be on to something. Last year I thought I would find out my deep ancestry and possibly my ethnic background through DNA testing.

12 markers and a deep clade test revealed my E3b1 haplogroup and that the largest cluster of "cousins" were from Eastern Europe and Iberia, with a few sneaking up to the British Isles. Places like the Ukraine, Galicia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Poland had the highest hits per test subjects ratio.

The 25 marker test gave more definate answers. All others were dropped except a 24/25 match (off only on a quick-moving marker) with someone with Carpathian-Rusyn/Lemko/Ruthenian background and a 3-step mutation from Great Britian. I have had some contact with my nearest match (who is in the New York City area) and I have done some research into the ethnic group we're from.

Over the past year I have learned much about history, ethnicities, and geography. Some other areas this kind of research brings vigour (pronounced in John F. Kennedy accent) to are skills in logic, reasoning, sociology, religion and writing.

Comment

Working...
      X