X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rsychev
    Ethnoancestry offered the M241, but I have not seen the M321. Big plus that they offer ordering special markers for $39 + $49 (dna extraction). Seems to me that $88 for one marker a high price.

Yes it is fairly high at first, but as you probably know once you have your sample there the next time you have a test performed it will be quite a bit cheaper.

Y-DNA: J2a*

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Originally posted by J Man
    Yes I suppose that you could still be M241+ or M321+. You would have to be tested for those markers to see if you are positive for one of them or not. Do any companies test for these markers?
    Ethnoancestry offered the M241, but I have not seen the M321. Big plus that they offer ordering special markers for $39 + $49 (dna extraction). Seems to me that $88 for one marker a high price.

Leave a comment:

• J Man
    replied
    I have negative results for M99 and M280... I'm not tested for M241 but M99, M280 is subclade of M241(J2b1a*). Then I can be still M241(J2b1a*) or M321(J2b1a3). Right?

Yes I suppose that you could still be M241+ or M321+. You would have to be tested for those markers to see if you are positive for one of them or not. Do any companies test for these markers?

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Originally posted by J Man
    If you have only had down to M102 tested then you are J2B1*.
    I have negative results for M99 and M280... I'm not tested for M241 but M99, M280 is subclade of M241(J2b1a*). Then I can be still M241(J2b1a*) or M321(J2b1a3). Right?

Leave a comment:

• J Man
    replied
    Oooops, sorry about the capital B. You are J2b1*.

Leave a comment:

• J Man
    replied
    Explain to me please if I have SNP results: M102+ M12+ M99- M280- who I am?
    I'm J2b1* or J2b1? FTDNA don't test M241(J2b1a*) and M321(J2b1a3) then maybe I could be M241 or M321.

M12+ (J2b*)
    ................|__________M102+ _______________ J2b1*
    ......................|_____________M241 ___________ J2b1a*
    ................................|______________M99-_____ J2b1a1
    ................................|______________M280-____ J2b1a2
    ................................|______________M321_____ J2b1a3

See map

If you have only had down to M102 tested then you are J2B1*.

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Explain to me please if I have SNP results: M102+ M12+ M99- M280- who I am?
    I'm J2b1* or J2b1? FTDNA don't test M241(J2b1a*) and M321(J2b1a3) then maybe I could be M241 or M321.

M12+ (J2b*)
    ................|__________M102+ _______________ J2b1*
    ......................|_____________M241 ___________ J2b1a*
    ................................|______________M99-_____ J2b1a1
    ................................|______________M280-____ J2b1a2
    ................................|______________M321_____ J2b1a3

See map

Leave a comment:

• J Man
    replied
    Originally posted by josh w.
    Although there is some uncertainty, most reviews have suggested that J2 began east of Anatolia---for example the Relative Genetics map. The highest concentrations of J2 are in Kurdistan and the Caucasus area. The Relative Genetics map is at https://www.relativegenetics.com/gen...2_large_RG.jpg

What we also really need to look at is the diversity of haplogroup J2. Which regions in the world today have the highest diversity of haplogroup J2. This could also help point to a source of origin.

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Originally posted by moesian
    1 million dollar Q . I wish I knew it. However, I can speculate the following. J2e is the son of J2. IMO, J2 was born in Anatolia because today Anatolia has more J2* than anywhere nearby. It shows that J2 was originated from there.
    Then the mistery part of the story starts. Today, Anatolia has very few J2e but Greece and Italy has most of it morever Central Asia has also some. This clearly indicates that J2e was born outside of Anatolia and probably in Greece. How Central Asia had it. I think you should ask this to the Army of Alexander the Great
    Most probably J2e1's could descended from Pelasgians (pre-greeks tribes) many of this tribes could migrate to Sicily and central Italy (maybe Etruscan) after Dorian invasion. For all you say I think it's not Alexander the Great and his army, imho.

Leave a comment:

• josh w.
    replied
    Although there is some uncertainty, most reviews have suggested that J2 began east of Anatolia---for example the Relative Genetics map. The highest concentrations of J2 are in Kurdistan and the Caucasus area. The Relative Genetics map is at https://www.relativegenetics.com/gen...2_large_RG.jpg

Leave a comment:

• J Man
    replied
    I personally believe that J2e1 (Now J2b1*) originated in the Balkans from a population that originally came from Anatolia. Many papers show the connection of J2e1 to the Balkans. I know that it is strongly represented also in north-central Italy, but it would make sense that it migrated there from the Balkans since really it is not to far away.

J2* (Now J2a1*) most likely originated in Anatolia or in another close part of the northern Near East it seems. It could be that the people who became J2e1 in the Balkans for some reason decided to just migrate west into Italy rather than go back to their ancestral homeland in Anatolia. Italy might have been less heavily populated and had better agricultural land than Anatolia.

Leave a comment:

• moesian
    replied
    The crazy son of J2*

Thanks. I read this paper too. I mean that few J2f's descend from Dardanians because absolutely understandably that asia minor population was mixed from different J's. I have seen distribution my hg J2e* too in southern Greece and central Italy. What do you think about J2e's origin?

1 million dollar Q . I wish I knew it. However, I can speculate the following. J2e is the son of J2. IMO, J2 was born in Anatolia because today Anatolia has more J2* than anywhere nearby. It shows that J2 was originated from there.
    Then the mistery part of the story starts. Today, Anatolia has very few J2e but Greece and Italy has most of it morever Central Asia has also some. This clearly indicates that J2e was born outside of Anatolia and probably in Greece. How Central Asia had it. I think you should ask this to the Army of Alexander the Great

Leave a comment:

• caj2
    replied
    Fascinating stuff. I posted another article link in another thread, not sure how old that is, that one was still debating the J2f migrations, the whole Agean maritime vs. Neolithic.

Leave a comment:

• J Man
    replied
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, I just joined today actually.

Yes it makes perfect sense that Sicily has more J2f that J2e1 since the ancient Greeks did colonize Sicily fairly extensively. The same most likely applies to Southern Italy, especially Calabria which had many old ancient Greek settlements. The J2e1 that is found in Southern Italy and Sicily could have easily come from the Arberesh Albanians who migrated to Southern Italy during the 15th and 16th centuries to escape the Turks, or it could have come from ancient Greeks or Neolithic farmers. It is interesting to speculate.

I myself am in haplogroup J2a* and my paternal line is from Calabria, Southern Italy. I am waiting for my DYS413 test to be completed to see if I am really J2a1*.

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Originally posted by LernerTzvi
    Based on the geographical maps and the articles, haplogroup J2 definately played a part in the development of Rome. But it's innacurrate to say J2f subsequently founded the Roman empire, since haplogroup J2e1 also migrated to Italy. I see that J2f had a great influence in Sicily compared to J2e1.
    Yes, and Sicily it's old greeks colony because we know it was migration from middle Greece to Sicily about 3000 years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X