X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rsychev
    replied
    Originally posted by moesian
    Please read the following article and find J2f distribution in Figure 2 Map F. Northwest Anatolia and Southern Italy has the same density and Southern Greece follows them.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1181965
    Thanks. I read this paper too. I mean that few J2f's descend from Dardanians because absolutely understandably that asia minor population was mixed from different J's. I have seen distribution my hg J2e* too in southern Greece and central Italy. What do you think about J2e's origin?

Leave a comment:

• moesian
    replied
    J2f was the founder of Rome.

Please read the following article and find J2f distribution in Figure 2 Map F. Northwest Anatolia and Southern Italy has the same density and Southern Greece follows them.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1181965

Leave a comment:

• moesian
    replied
    J2f was born in TROY.

J2f* and J2f1

Cinnioglu et al saw a distribution in Turkey of the sub-groups, J2f* (M67) and J2f1 (M92), that matched well with the territory of a complex society that flourished in NW Anatolia about 4500 years ago. The Maritime Troia Culture "engaged in widespread Aegean trade... involving both the western Anatolian mainland and several of the large islands in the eastern Aegean, Chios, Lemnos and Lesbos".

The three earliest layers found in the excavations at Troy are associated with the Maritime Troia Culture. Semino et al agreed that J2f* and J2f1 could have arrived into Europe by way of "sea-faring Neolithic populations who reached southern Italy", or perhaps migrations from Anatolia via the Bosporus Isthmus which is 20 km away from Troy.

Semino et al thought that J2f* and J2f1 could represent, at least partly, the Y component that King and Underhill tied to ceramics in their recent paper. Semino et al estimated the ages of the J2f* and J2f1 subgroups at about 12,000 years and about 9000 years, respectively.

These sub-groups (along with J2a and most of the J2*'s) can be distinguished by their alleles at an STR marker called DYS413 (not presently tested by any of the genetic testing companies). For these groups, DYS413a and DYS413b both have alleles of "18" or less (other J's have alleles at DYS413 of greater than "18"). Members of J2f1 may have DYS390=22 more commonly than other members of J (though DYS390=22 is also seen in haplogroups other than J).

The distribution of J2f1 seemed to show connections between Anatolia and southern Italy.

If you have a different opinion on J2f origins, please post it here...

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Originally posted by moesian
    No...

This study is 2 years old. It was published in 2004. Please search Google for cinnioglu and anatolia. you would find the following link.
    hpgl.stanford.edu/publications/HG_2004_v114_p127-148.pdf
    If you still believe in some other theories, I am ready to discuss.
    Цho told to you that J2f1 is Trojan y-dna hg?

Leave a comment:

• moesian
    replied
    J2f was born in Troy.

Originally posted by LernerTzvi
    No offense, but that source is 10 years old. I know there has been further developments as to where J2f originated.
    No...

This study is 2 years old. It was published in 2004. Please search Google for cinnioglu and anatolia. you would find the following link.
    hpgl.stanford.edu/publications/HG_2004_v114_p127-148.pdf
    If you still believe in some other theories, I am ready to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• caj2
    replied
    I don't get what joining these groups does for anyone. Most of the information seems static.

Leave a comment:

• josh w.
    replied
    Anyone who is J2 can join the Ydna J2 project. Geographical origins of J2f members can be determined by placing the cursor over the listing of J2f members. There are also maps for member's origins. The data indicate that J2f has a fairly wide distribution. A note of caution in that project members may not be representative of all J2s.
    Last edited by josh w.; 7 November 2006, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• caj2
    replied
    could you post any of the more recent links to articles on J2f??
    Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• moesian
    replied
    J2f is Trojan...

In accordace with the following study J2f was born in Northwestern Anatolia around ancient city TROY. It is believed that very early Trojans immegrated to Greece and Italy and set up big cities and civilizations there.

Excavating Y-chromosome Haplotype Strata in Anatolia by Cinnioglu.

The J2f-M67 clade is localized to Northwest Turkey. It
    is well known that during this period, Northwest Anatolia
    developed a complex society that engaged in widespread
    Aegean trade referred to as “Maritime Troia culture,” involving
    both the western Anatolian mainland and several
    of the large islands in the eastern Aegean, Chios, Lemnos
    and Lesbos (Korfmann 1996).

Leave a comment:

• caj2
    replied
    wow that is so interesting. I'm actually doing this for a member of my family. Do you know that through family history or is it from the ashkenadze, shephardic or coen thing?

Leave a comment:

• caj2
    replied
    thx, finally figured that one out.

Anyone know anything about the J2 sub-clade that indicates ancient Greece?

Leave a comment:

• sundodger
    replied
    J2f is now J2a1b. Numerous references are listed on this web page:
    http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpJ.html

Leave a comment:

• KerryODair
    replied
    Originally posted by caj2
    Anyone know anything about J2f? I think is fairly new, so there's probably not a lot out there.
    Go to the following website below and look under J2 Haplotype. You might find what you are looking for there.

http://wiki.dna-forums.org/index.php/Main_Page

Leave a comment:

• caj2
    started a topic J2f

J2f

Anyone know anything about J2f? I think is fairly new, so there's probably not a lot out there.
Working...
X