X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordic and Celtic (Iberian) DNA Project

Nordic and Celtic (Iberian) DNA Project

This project is the only FTDNA group to accept females as Nordic and Celtic Iberian in origin.

We have categories for both men and women to join - that have one or both maternal or paternal European descendant.

The Nordic & Celtic DNA Project started back in April 2006 and now the group has 200 members and growing.

This is a URL to the site:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Nordic-Celtic

Group Administrator
    John Caggegi – Raciti

Sorry, no such thing as .....

Nordic or Celtic DNA. Nordic refers to a region and Celt (Kelt) was/is a culture. Nothing to do with DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossi
      Nordic or Celtic DNA. Nordic refers to a region and Celt (Kelt) was/is a culture. Nothing to do with DNA.
      Yeah, but there are people who live in the regions considered Nordic and others who are a part of Celtic culture and whose ancestors spoke Celtic languages. All of them have dna that can be studied.

I'm not in the Nordic/Celtic DNA Project, but I don't see anything wrong with the idea of such a project.

Since everyone has dna, I see no reason why we couldn't have a "Canasta Players DNA Project."

Comment

Yes

Yes, of course. It will be interesting to see what conclusions are drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo

Since everyone has dna, I see no reason why we couldn't have a "Canasta Players DNA Project."
          True. For example, I have sometimes wondered if some geographical areas have a "genetical advantage" talentwise in some sports. It would be interesting for example to have "long distance runners' DNA project", "short distance runners' DNA project, "javelin throwers' DNA project", etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Eki
            True. For example, I have sometimes wondered if some geographical areas have a "genetical advantage"
            Up in Finland isn't it possible to freeze your "Y" off?

Comment

Working...
            X