Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistani Guy DNA Success Story - Kind Of :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistani Guy DNA Success Story - Kind Of :)

OMG

So I just got my DNA results.

I am 86% South Asian (Makes sense as I was born in what is called 'Pakistan' today).

6% Percent East Asian (Oriental / Mongolian but far east for sure. Had a feelling this would definitely be in there) - I always liked Asian ppl and culture.

4% OMG get this . . . Melanese! (Black ppl with Blonde hair). I always had a thing for music (Urban music) and I think black girls are gorgeous but dayuuum

The biggest shocker was I have zero Middle Eastern DNA. Tons of Pakistanis including pretty much every member of my family claims 'Syed' ancestry or 'Qazi' ancestry (All Arab lineage) without any proof or facts. Heck even Turkish and Persian. Well this DNA test eliminates all that.

I hope more Pakistanis do DNA test and finally realize that we have NOTHING to do with Middle East (We are South Asians). We should embrace facts and be proud of where we come from. Really sad to be a part of a country where 7 generations literally got brainwashed and continue to do so.

Not trying to be political but identity crisis is the biggest reason why Pakistan is in such turmoil. I know I'm from there.

HAPPY to find the Truth

Originally posted by whoiis View Post
    OMG

I am 86% South Asian (Makes sense as I was born in what is called 'Pakistan' today).

6% Percent East Asian (Oriental / Mongolian but far east for sure. Had a feelling this would definitely be in there) - I always liked Asian ppl and culture.

4% OMG get this . . . Melanese! (Black ppl with Blonde hair). I always had a thing for music (Urban music) and I think black girls are gorgeous but dayuuum

The biggest shocker was I have zero Middle Eastern DNA. Tons of Pakistanis including pretty much every member of my family claims 'Syed' ancestry or 'Qazi' ancestry (All Arab lineage) without any proof or facts. Heck even Turkish and Persian. Well this DNA test eliminates all that.

I hope more Pakistanis do DNA test and finally realize that we have NOTHING to do with Middle East (We are South Asians). We should embrace facts and be proud of where we come from. Really sad to be a part of a country where 7 generations literally got brainwashed and continue to do so.

Not trying to be political but identity crisis is the biggest reason why Pakistan is in such turmoil. I know I'm from there.

HAPPY to find the Truth
    Last edited by ltd-jean-pull; 29 July 2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

It's possible that a sibling may show some Middle Eastern ancestry. Have you considered uploading to Gedmatch and having a look at their Admixture tools?

We're "Europeans" wondering where our Middle Eastern percentage came from.

Comment

Here's another example of social pressures causing a perception of false ancestry.

A friend of mine was born to a Chaldean Catholic family in Palestine. He identified himself culturally as Iraqi. Moreover, his family genealogist claimed to document a patrilineage going back to a medieval European Crusader. My friend wanted a Y-DNA test to prove this European patrilineage.

He was disappointed when his Y-DNA results well matched other Palestinian Christians (haplogroup G-M406), who are generally indigenous to the area (pre-dating both the Crusades and the Islamic expansion). My guess is that the Crusader claim may have originated as an accusation (of being a foreign import), which was then assimilated into a boast (of a genetic connection to a mostly Christian continent).
        Last edited by lgmayka; 29 July 2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
          Here's another example of social pressures causing a perception of false ancestry.

A friend of mine was born to a Chaldean Catholic family in Palestine. He identified himself culturally as Iraqi. Moreover, his family genealogist claimed to document a patrilineage going back to a medieval European Crusader. My friend wanted a Y-DNA test to prove this European patrilineage.

He was disappointed when his Y-DNA results well matched other Palestinian Christians (haplogroup G-M406), who are generally indigenous to the area (pre-dating both the Crusades and the Islamic expansion). My guess is that the Crusader claim may have originated as an accusation (of being a foreign import), which was then assimilated into a boast (of a genetic connection to a mostly Christian continent).
          It might be interesting to see how many Polish men with the surname Szwed (a Swede) have Nordic Y DNA.

Mr W

Comment

whoiis - I would not use My Origins here as absolute proof of your ethnic identity. I am not awake enough, but I just wanted to say this.

Comment

Originally posted by whoiis View Post
              OMG

I guess you mean Melanesian but you must be talking about GEDmatch? If so, I could see why, as probably anyone with some South Asian ancestry may get small signals of Melanesian/Papuan New Guinea.

I'm Polynesian which means about 30% of our genome consists of Melanesian ancestry, a result from more than 4,300 years ago when our ancestors intermingled with the much older Melanesians and continued moving into Remote Oceania creating my ancestors. This is why we have haplogroups (Y-DNA mostly) that has Melanesian origin.

And no, not all Melanesians are "Blacks" with Blonde hair.

Comment

Take these results with a grain of salt, however you are probably correct in that you are pretty much South Asian. You are right to embrace your results.

Comment

"He was disappointed when his Y-DNA results well matched other Palestinian Christians (haplogroup G-M406), who are generally indigenous to the area (pre-dating both the Crusades and the Islamic expansion)." That's interesting....

Comment

M406 doesn't prove or disprove

I wouldn't be so quick to dispel your friend's legendary crusader connection due to M406. I think with any spectacular tale, its always good to take it with a grain of salt. However, M406 is found in Southern Italy, Sicily, Greece, Turkey, the Caucuses, as well as the Levant, and other areas. Is it possible that some M406 have been in the Levant for 15,000 years, although if it did, most of them likely migrated or enjoyed success in the Turkey/Greece/Aegean Sea area. It seems that they reached Italy at a later point (in this scenario) perhaps by Greek colinization, M406 also shows up in Russia and the Ukraine (perhaps also via Greek colinization)?. It is entirely probable that some Byzantines were M406. Also, many southern Italian foot soldiers filled the ranks of the armies levied by their crusading Norman lords. So I guess I'd say being M406 doesn't discount a crusader connection, it doesn't prove it either.

Comment

Working...
                    X