This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Purple Flowers' ancestor

There are quite a few people with the surname McFarland on Mitosearch. My Dad was even born in the town of McFarland, Wisconsin. Anyway, I did not see a Matilda McFarland, born 1828, Tennessee. The top of the list was a Matilda Caroline McFarland, born 1818 in TN. Her spouse was Andrew Askew. There was a Matilda McFarland who was born in Tyrone, Ireland in 1818. But she was a Yankee in the States (died in Kansas). There was a Matilda Angelina McFarland, born 16 Feb 1819 in Rutherford County, North Carolina. That's getting close to my Charity's territory. Her spouse was Jonas A. Galusha.

Comment

• wife of this line of Deans

remember I was talking to someone on this thread about a line I think he called
      Indians/Indeans
      Indeens( ??? can't remember the spelling used )... in England that was the surname of a captive native american taken to England .. and I wanted to know more about that line if they ever found out anything more about it to be sure to tell us ..
      the reason I wanted to know more about it is because I have and English DEAN line..

Ethelbert Albert "Elbert" Dean who married Matilda McFarland

Ethelbert was born in South Carolina in 1810 to William Dean Jr. born @ 1779 SC---William Dean----Edward Dean---Richard Dean born 1698 England.
      well this is my "English" Dean line. I have no idea if it might be related to the "indian" captive sent to england.

Comment

• Amarissa Jane Dean and Deen was born in Choctaw County Mississippi .
        I think Paulina was also born there also .. but the whole family moved to north texas red river area and Choctaw territory OK. traveled back and forth to work in the crops I think.

Comment

• confused...

Purple Flowers, I keep getting confused about who you are talking about: your Aunt (with U5), or your own lineage. I wish you would make it clear in your posts about who you are talking about. There is a rather mysterious tree I bumped into that has my HVR1, that goes back to Ireland. That is at SMGF website, but it doesn't tell you the haplogroup. Although it may well be U5, there are people with haplogroup H that also have the same HVR1 mutations (as you can see at Mitosearch). Anyway, that tree started out in Virginia, then moved to Kentucky and eventually to Texas. But there were several children, and who knows where they all went. The earliest name on that tree at SMGF was Kerby (in KY), although I used ancestry.com to push it back further. That tree could possibly be related to your aunt. The earliest female of that Kerby tree was born in or stemmed from Ireland.
          Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 6 June 2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• PHil my aunts and my female line is the same line.. ah..dah..

Phil you had listed McFarlands that were not my line.... none that married a Ethelbert/Elbert /Albert/ DEAN born in SC and was having kids in MS and TX and OK with a Matilda Mcfarland born in probably TN. it is not an odd thing to not find indians on the censuses. first they were being moved around alot after the TOT..
            no kerby's in my female family.

surnames in and places connected to my female family is

Roden GA MS TX OK
            McFarland TN MS TX OK
            Deans, SC MS TX OK

which exact line of these lines listed below ... I do not know because records on these are not clear.. because they are indians and not on censuses.and most have indian names on commodities rolls and removal rolls and or old settlers rolls.. etc...
            Clyne /cline/cliney sp? ( ? GA ??? TX )
            Starrs( ?TN KY GA TX OK?)
            Barkers,( ? TN KY GA?)
            the only way to find this history of my families connections to these surnames now is to find the clan and trace it by clan members! because you can't do that with their white names because they can have a different every week or event, or roll. and Old Bark may have never went by Barker only his offspring did..

Comment

• confirm test via FTDNA

Hi again Purple Flowers,

I guess your aunt is your mother's sister. In that case you have her mtDNA too.

I think Elizabeth had a good point in her earlier post. I too recommend a verifying basic mtDNA test by FTDNA. Then you'll have your own personal page with lots of resources in it. And then you can confidently move forward from there, and people will be more willing to trust your results.

Comment

• my grandma's connected but unknown how connections.

Clyne /cline/cliney sp? ( ? GA ??? TX )
                Starrs( ?TN KY GA TX OK?)
                Barkers,(NC ? TN KY GA?)

my reasoning on these names ........ but can not prove until I get confirmed clan/ or clan adoption connections.

the surname Clyne shows up one of the first times on the old settlers roll .. not very many of these surnames around the removal years so that name must have been invented or a surname like maybe CLINE that married into the cherokee around 1800 or the begining of the 1800's . so this would be the youngest/and fewest/newest surname on my grandmothers "unknown connection"list. this may be a way older line that just became Clyne because just one line in a family took that name.
                the next oldest surname is Starr appearing mid/ late 1700's how it because a surname in the cherokee I have not investigated yet.

the oldest surname is Barker appearing early early/ mid 1700's marrying Oconostotas daughter early/ mid 1700's
                since these surnames are all running about 25 years apart and I know beyond a doubt that these are in my grandma tree somehow .. I have asumed that Barker/maybe Old bark who married Oconostota's daughter is my oldest direct line. but it has to be confirmed by matching paint clan.

other speculations would be Dutchy said to be a son of Ollie Nionee and some sites say he was deer clan. dragging canoe is said to be wolf... I know beyond any doubt Dragging canoe is not from Nionee.. but I don't know for sure if Dutchy was her son or not I have always assumed he was.. I know they are all sons of Attakullakulla and all brothers, and all are assumed to be from Ollie Nionee.. but I know for sure dragging canoe wasn't .. Dragging Canoe and Shoeboots had different mothers.
                Shoeboots/Turtle at home is said to be paint clan and I do know for sure that he is from Ollie Nionee, he was also a twin and it appears now that her line claims paint clan..
                so there is only a very small possibility that Ollie Nionee was a deer clan if dutchy is hers and they have the right info.. again all this would have to be confirmed by matching dna and clans. and looking honestly at the whole picture.. and sure as heck not by a 'scientist" or bs in bs..

Comment

• I do know there was a few Cline around because my dad's direct male line is a white line is with no native blood that we know of..
                  now I can't remember which fort but dragging canoe and shoeboots are attacking the fort and inside the fort is my dad's surname and his wife and her father who was in charge of the fort at that time and the wife maiden name was Cline. so know for sure there is one 'cline"male line near the cherokee late 1700's . is that where the surname 'clyne' comes from ??? who knows!!

Comment

• lab test results?

Hi Purple Flowers,

On Mitosearch you give DNA Consultants as your lab.

http://dnaconsultants.com/default.htm

I'd like to see the results. Anyone can enter anything on Mitiisearch. I suspect there are quite a few lies on Mitosearch by other people. What lab did your test? Where is the database? If you claim an identical HVR1+HVR2 match to me, which is rare, then I'd like to see the lab proof. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Here is a number they call " case" to93761? Completed oct 9 2007
                      from the office of debbie tavankol

it also says something about' order number b0461'
                      is this some numbers that you need?

Comment

• I give up with you!

Originally posted by purple flowers View Post
                        Here is a number they call " case" to93761? Completed oct 9 2007
                        from the office of debbie tavankol

it also says something about' order number b0461'
                        is this some numbers that you need?
                        You are just way too confusing for my old brain! I'm just not going to talk to you anymore!

Comment

• erase this thread!

you wanted numbers!
                          those are the only numbers on the paper work annie got .

you are upset when you were the telling me who my relations were .. and not asking me who my relations are. and then when I put who my relations are you get offended. I think that is called nerve.
                          you know that damn company told us we were german because you said your line was german three years ago ..... and it is an exact match as ours. what they didn't tell us was that you were something different every week since.. and you have the nerve to not trust me....

someone erase this whole thread please!

Comment

• @//*b*\\@

http://www.sorensongenomics.com/

OUR THINKING WAS THAT SINCE THIS COMPANY they used WHO DID our TESTS .. DOES MORE THAN JUST DNA FOR HOBBY PEOPLE . IT CAN BE TRUSTED MORE THAN ANY OTHER OF THE HOBBIEST TYPING DNA TYPE COMPANIES.
                            LETS JUST SAY I TRUST THE DNA IS GOOD BUT WHAT I DON'T TRUST IS A SYSTEM THAT IMPOSES IDENTITY ON OTHERS ... WHILE ONLY PLAYING FOLLOW THE BIGGEST MOUTH IN THE PLAY YARD WHO THEN WINS EVERYONES ELSES IDENTITY JUST BY DEFAULT.

OR THE BS'S IN BS CAN TELL EVERYONE ELSE WHO THEY ARE..OR THE DOCTORATE IN DOCTORING DOCUMENTS AND TORTURING NUMBERS TILL THEY SCREAM WHAT THEY WANT THEM TOO.. TO MEET THEIR ASSUMPTIONS AND FREAKING THEORIES AND IGNORANCE OR WORSE ARROGANCE .. THEN THE REWARDS FOR THE DUMBSH.T'S IS THEY THINK THEY ARE ALLOWED TO TELL EVERYONE WHERE THEY CAME FROM!
                            SO I WHEN DO I GET TO TELL EVERYONE ELSE WHERE THEY CAN GO.
                            ESPECIALLY IF THEY CAN'T START COLLECTING THE INFO IN A MUCH MORE FRIENDLY AND LESS IMPOSING OF EVERYONE ELSES "THEORIES "WAY!

NOW I AM DONE //*b*\\

Comment

• Is it a full moon?

Comment

• Since this thread has strayed far from the original topic I am going to go ahead and close it for now.

-Darren Marin
                                Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
                                X