English Surname

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terry
    Hey Steve, you might be interested to know that Dicey is also known as Dianah English, July 1825, County Court Minute Book, PP 123-124.

Also there is a good possibility that our ancestors came from Settrington, Yorkshire, England about 1560 and immigrated to Ireland about 1659. This has not been 100% verified but it all fits well!!

Regards,
    Terry
    Terry,

Thanks for that information. I will be pming you shortly!

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl
      Stevo,
      Do you know if your East Anglia relative has joined the East Anglia Project??
      Is this Washburn??

I just did a quick look on the 1841 UK Census for the surname English born 1740-1780. A lot are from Suffolk and Norfolk, also a lot from Yorkshire, Durham, Northumberland, Glouscestershire and Somerset, Kent, Surrey and Middlesex. There is a website that gives the percentage of a surname distribution in the UK in the 1800s, I just have to find it again.
      I don't believe any of my Washburn relatives are in the East Anglia Project, but I don't know for sure.

I know they are I1a, but that's about it.

Comment

Appears to be interesting!

Today I happened to bump into the site of www.jobstories.com.au through google. Does anyone know about this initiative or what it is all about?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X