• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheyone
    replied
    Donor Found

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
    I wasn't from a Sperm Doner ,but I might as well have been from an EGG DONOR and a SPERM DONOR,'cause I sure didn't know where my 'people' were from ,but I'm damned sure I have a right to know, but for good reasons,so I can know what I'm dealing with and where I came from,what my history is.There is a more sordid side to these searchings of mine.Since I'm intelligent ,I seem to think I was smuggled here long ago but no one would admit it.I'm literally pirated booty,that's what I think.But since everyone plays dumb,and they all do,believe me, or maybe they really are dumb,God help me, since everyone plays dumb,I need this forensic technology,to help me pinpoint and trace these people's ethnic origins so I can learn of the movements over the last century-sounds far away,but that was my grandparents generation,not too long ago,genetically.If I'm mistaken,I'll retract my accusation ,if society can explain to me exactly where they got me from and what they're gonna do with me.Yes,I'm just a person like everyone else, but there's more to it than that,everyone isn't being done like I am ,I'm convinced,so my case is different.
    Perhaps not so different, I too have questioned relatives only to be answered by either silence or by a range of emotions, the most common of which is fear. Are your family photo albums marked by missing photographs or scissor edited ones? After you questioned your people do you notice them grouping together and talking in hushed tones? What I have found is that no matter if a family secret is a big secret or a little secret, the family protects it the same way. They hide it away and don't talk about it. Period. The only one who can break that silence is the one that should. I agree that you have every right to know. But I also know that painful truths are slow to emerge and that family secrets are painful secrets. Look at the example of actor Jack Nicholson, he grew up never knowing that the woman he knew as his mother was actually his grandmother and the woman he knew as his sister was actually his mother.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    Found The Donor

I wasn't from a Sperm Doner ,but I might as well have been from an EGG DONOR and a SPERM DONOR,'cause I sure didn't know where my 'people' were from ,but I'm damned sure I have a right to know, but for good reasons,so I can know what I'm dealing with and where I came from,what my history is.There is a more sordid side to these searchings of mine.Since I'm intelligent ,I seem to think I was smuggled here long ago but no one would admit it.I'm literally pirated booty,that's what I think.But since everyone plays dumb,and they all do,believe me, or maybe they really are dumb,God help me, since everyone plays dumb,I need this forensic technology,to help me pinpoint and trace these people's ethnic origins so I can learn of the movements over the last century-sounds far away,but that was my grandparents generation,not too long ago,genetically.If I'm mistaken,I'll retract my accusation ,if society can explain to me exactly where they got me from and what they're gonna do with me.Yes,I'm just a person like everyone else, but there's more to it than that,everyone isn't being done like I am ,I'm convinced,so my case is different.

Leave a comment:

• oKawa
    replied
    That is a great story. I think everyone should know where he or she comes from. It's unfortunate even in adoption cases that people are not allowed to know where they come from, or who their ancestors were.

I see a lot of choices in tests. Does the MegaDNA do all the tests?

Leave a comment:

• Cheyone
    replied
    Hope for the Abducted

A wonderful story. But we still need more people to upgrade to the 25 or 37 marker tests because the 12 marker test can really only tell you who you are NOT related to.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I understand you comment

I understand your comment but you missed the point of the article. The growing number of DNA databases along with the wealth of information on the internet is opening up avenues of research never before possible. What it shows is a success, just not of the traditional type that you see on here. What I wanted people to see is that when you combine different research methods and sources, you can find out quite a bit of information, as in this case when the young man found his "anonymous" genetic father.

Leave a comment:

• Victor
    replied
    Inded it is an amazing story but I'm not sure it really fits in the "DNA Success Stories" forum, well at least not from the anonymous donor perspective. jk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Link did not work - Let me try again

Sorry for the mistake, I tested it this time.

Anonymous Sperm donor traced using FTDna testing and the internet

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Sperm donor found using FTDNA testing

Sperm donor found using FTDNA testing

You really have to read this article. An enterprising 15 year old young man in England wanted to find out about his genetic father. His mother had been impregnated by an unknown sperm donor. Using his FTDna test, some basic research and some luck, he tracked down his "anonymous" genetic father.

The article is really fascinating and shows how persistent and creative research using all available resources can find a lot.

Sperm Donor found using FTDna testing and the internet
    Last edited by networkwiz; 6 November 2005, 07:13 AM. Reason: Broken link
Working...
X