building a cladogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a cladogram

Can anyone suggest simple software with which I could build a cladogram of phylogram from the STR data? I have, say, 100 YDNA sets at 37 markers and I want to build a tree from them. This is cladogram or phylogram, right? Is there simple software out there that will enable em to put the 100 men into a family tree?

thanks

wilfo

Simple flash animation of how to create a cladogram: here.

Example of an STR cladogram: http://dgmweb.net/DNA/Rose/Cladogram-ROSE-BROWN.html

So, take your list and only look at markers that change. Then group those characteristics into a table, then vim diagram as shown in the flash animation. That should easily be converted into a cladogram.

Comment

Originally posted by wilfostein View Post
      Can anyone suggest simple software with which I could build a cladogram of phylogram from the STR data? I have, say, 100 YDNA sets at 37 markers and I want to build a tree from them. This is cladogram or phylogram, right? Is there simple software out there that will enable em to put the 100 men into a family tree?
      You can follow the directions on this page, or use Y-Utility to output a .ych file to use in Fluxus Technology's Network software (not linked; it's free, but commercial software).

Comment

Working...
      X