Factoid: Avoidance of Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factoid: Avoidance of Errors

As a young child I was definitely "leap before look" and suffered many a serious mishap, because of that as I grew older I became far more "look before leap". Seems to be supported by this result.

"Numerous times, we have made the wrong decision, and its consequences were unfavorable. We are often angry with ourselves because we are unable to learn from certain experiences. The cause may be in our genes. Scientists say a mutation in the DRD2 gene that causes a reduced number of dopamine receptors can also be responsible."

rs1800497
    AA Less likely to avoid errors
    GG Much more likely to avoid errors
    AG More likely to avoid errors

Your nature is to leap before you look?

You said: As a young child I was definitely "leap before look" and suffered many a serious mishap, because of that as I grew older I became far more "look before leap". Seems to be supported by this result.

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify - your nature is to leap before you look and the DNA result supported this?

My result showed the opposite.

Thanks for sharing!
    Corky

Comment

Hi Corky,

My nature was to leap before looking but because of my "genetic ability" to learn from my mistakes (e.g. lots of broken bones) I have become more look before leaping.

Comment

Working...
      X