Email about posted results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email about posted results

My mtdna plus results were uploaded on March 1 and by sheer chance I noticed them right away. However, I didn't receive an email about them until March 5.

Is this delay normal or it was exceptional? As I am still waiting for my FF and Y results I check them every half an hour, but I would prefer if I could rely on the email notification.
    Last edited by mihun; 8 March 2012, 04:03 PM.

The emails have always come to me after I have already viewed the results. They always seem late.

Comment

Originally posted by mihun View Post
      My mtdna plus results were uploaded on March 1 and by sheer chance I noticed them right away. However, I didn't receive an email about them until March 5.

Is this delay normal or it was exceptional? As I am still waiting for my FF and Y results I check them every half an hour, but I would prefer if I could relay on the email notification.
      mihun that is the same way it was for me I saw my mtdna plus results on March 1 but received no email. I then on March 5 received an email as well, and I thought that is odd. But when I looked at it closer it was telling me I had two new HVR1 and 2 matches, and sure enough when I looked on the website, my 2,023 or 24 matches went up to I think 2,025 or 2,026. Can't remember the exact count! I saw the two new contacts added in that list of matches for March 5. I hope this helps. But I know what you mean I thought FTDNA would alert us through our e-mail when our results are ready.

Comment

Notifications are usually sent out around 8pm Central time the same day results or matches are posted.

However, it appears that email notifications have been delayed for the past week or so. The issue has been reported to FTDNA's IT team, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Elise

Comment

Working...
        X