Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happens when someone [testee]dies !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Denning
    replied
    Originally posted by bobr
    Why don't you just record your mutations/locations of mutations in your family tree or history book? This way the information is available to your descendants directly from your written family tree or family history book. No need to draw up any legal contract. They can later check your mutations in future databases and get matches that way.
    because thats not how things work people inherit say you have one daughter and she hates genealogy
    you die
    she emails me the project admin "I WANT THE WHOLE THING OFF THE NET"

what as an admin do i do?

it doesnt matter that her children uncle cousins want to be open to matches does it

I want to be able to say
    " your dad said to post it forever after he died thats it"

Leave a comment:

• bobr
    replied
    Why don't you just record your mutations/locations of mutations in your family tree or history book? This way the information is available to your descendants directly from your written family tree or family history book. No need to draw up any legal contract. They can later check your mutations in future databases and get matches that way.
    Last edited by bobr; 15 September 2005, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Martin
    replied
    Availability of sample past death

Originally posted by Judith Stanley
    Jim,

I agree, I did not have this done just for me, but for someone down the line.

I was an only child from an only child from an only son. All I have are my children and grandchildren. This is a legacy for the future. I feel that I will go on, even after I die. This is the proof.

Maybe a legal document should be drawen up so I could (and anyone else) sign it and my(or others) wishes would be legal and binding.

Judy

I agree that there should be a legal means of allowing your sample info to continue to be available after death if the person who was sampled wishes that to happen. At least made available like a beneficiary to someone the sampled person designates in his family line.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    replied
    Originally posted by Judith Stanley
    Jim,

I was an only child from an only child from an only son. All I have are my children and grandchildren. This is a legacy for the future. I feel that I will go on, even after I die. This is the proof.

Maybe a legal document should be drawen up so I could (and anyone else) sign it and my(or others) wishes would be legal and binding.

Judy
    maybe a "MY FAMILY WHOLE HAS ACCESS TO THIS" WILL

IF I SHOULD DIE TONITE BENNETT THIS IS MINE LOL I MEAN THAT

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    After I die

Jim,

Judy

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    replied
    i just wish ftdna would get a legal answer before problems
    that would be nice

Leave a comment:

• irlandes
    replied
    Broadcast it...

My suggestion is to do the obvious. Pass it on to as many people as you can. When Cousin Henry Hollingsworth knew the end was near, he sent a number of family members the entire packet of genealogy data he had on the McGovern family, hundreds of pages. Not only have we kept it, but have passed copies of the entire package to anyone who asks for it, including distant cousins.

I realize genetic information is not all that exciting as names and dates, but still think it is sort of like insurance, though what is needed here is access by others, which brings in an additional element.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Denning
    started a topic What Happens when someone [testee]dies !!!!

What Happens when someone [testee]dies !!!!

i posted this on another list and started talk i hope this does it too

If i die as a person who tested . My person wish is that my info continue to be open . and that someone will be able [even if they are not interested now] to get my matches notifications. I want my great grand neice tobe able to get my match notifications . and all my matches to get my info
    the list discussion mentions cases where access to records stays open

i am thinkin of writting bennett and asking mine be kept open post my demise no matter what my progenity wants

i am dedicated to finding the answers to this puzzle and would roll over as a top if mine stopped being open for posterity. i am an answer to someone elses puzzle
Working...
X