Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Delay

This message was at the top of my cousin's page this morning:

"We are excited to announce that our Houston lab is undergoing significant expansion and remodeling. As this has coincided with a very large volume of orders due to the holidays, this may unfortunately delay your results. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this transition."

The first sentence was so positive, and then it turns out to be a not-so-positive message. My cousins' results are due the 27th - 8th. I guess I can probably stop checking in so often....

Lab expansion

The magical word here is May delay. If I am correct the Houston Lab is ahead of schedule with their orders. My fathers cousins FF came in very early.
    If you are waiting for your 37 marker Y-DNA test that may be in the lab in Arizona not in Houston and they did get a little behind schedule. A person at FTDNA had told me on the phone. My cousins Y-DNA had been delayed but I do have the results.
    Just think they will be able to do more test in the Houston Lab and may even get them done sooner.
    Cheryl

Originally posted by vrc84 View Post

"We are excited to announce that our Houston lab is undergoing significant expansion and remodeling. As this has coincided with a very large volume of orders due to the holidays, this may unfortunately delay your results. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this transition."

The first sentence was so positive, and then it turns out to be a not-so-positive message. My cousins' results are due the 27th - 8th. I guess I can probably stop checking in so often....

Comment

Originally posted by vrc84 View Post

Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

So does this mean the $9.50 free to transfer DNA when ordering SNPs will be eliminated?

Comment

Eventually is my guess. Right now (well prior to the lab remodel) most of the tests were not being transferred to AZ anymore.

The lab remodel is significant. It will bring with it much more storage capacity which is a huge investment and a plus.

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by thetick View Post
            So does this mean the $9.50 free to transfer DNA when ordering SNPs will be eliminated?
            I would think that those of us who sent in our kits years ago would still need to pay the transfer fee. The kits that have never been sent to AZ shouldn't have to pay the fee. This is just my guess. No inside information on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
              ........ Right now (well prior to the lab remodel) most of the tests were not being transferred to AZ anymore.
              I should clarify this. I was thinking in terms of FF tests.

I meant if people ordered a Family Finder test AND another test, like YDNA, in combination for example, it is usually all done in Houston. Family Finder is only done in Houston so its easier to do all the tests in one place if they can.

Matt.

Comment

I sent my dna kit in in September and then in late october they advised they had never recieved it. I sent in ANOTHER kit and then the first kit arrives around the same time the second one does. WHo had the kit , where was it ?

Comment

Originally posted by 507 View Post
                  I sent my dna kit in in September and then in late october they advised they had never recieved it. I sent in ANOTHER kit and then the first kit arrives around the same time the second one does. WHo had the kit , where was it ?
                  Sounds like it fell down behind a desk for a few weeks, but whose? The postal service's or FTDNA's?

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
                    Sounds like it fell down behind a desk for a few weeks, but whose? The postal service's or FTDNA's?
                    Unfortunately, their local post office seems to enjoy annoying FTDNA and customers by holding on to some kits for ridiculous amounts of time.

Very often, they are kits that don't have enough postage on them -- but who knows, maybe there are other reasons too.

Elise

Comment

I would say the post office not to long ago I mailed a kit and I even had put confirmation on it and the Kit left Boston Ma. but never got checked in Texas it took the postal service 2 weeks to find it . Where it was found I don't know except it was not Boston Ma.
                      Cheryl

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                      Unfortunately, their local post office seems to enjoy annoying FTDNA and customers by holding on to some kits for ridiculous amounts of time.

Very often, they are kits that don't have enough postage on them -- but who knows, maybe there are other reasons too.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by CAM View Post
                        I would say the post office not to long ago I mailed a kit and I even had put confirmation on it and the Kit left Boston Ma. but never got checked in Texas it took the postal service 2 weeks to find it . Where it was found I don't know except it was not Boston Ma.
                        Cheryl
                        The Houston Texas Post Dept is a mess. My mother just got back after vacation and had a bunch of mail that had been saved for that was not her mail!

Comment

Since this topic has gone from "Lab Delay" to "Mail Delay" I checked the order history for my kit. FTDNA mailed it to me on 8/20 and they had it back on 8/29. Those were the good old days back in 2002.

Earlier this month I received six letter, all with the correct mailing address, that had spent the Christmas Holidays with someone else. All were marked "Please correct your mailing address" and had the WRONG address written on them. Of course this included a bill that was past due by the time I received it.

Comment

Working...
                          X