Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Persuade Relatives to get Tested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can order a test and choose to ship it to the person being tested. You can change the name information at anytime, even a later date by logging in with the Kit number and password. I ordered a test for my brother in his name, but after the kit was received at FTDNA I changed his name info. for privacy reasons. Just make sure your email is the one that you put on the order so you will get the Kit number and password.

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
      ... initials for their name (at least their first name) & make sure the account is linked to your home address & e-mail;
      So I can have it shipped to me and then I mail it to my cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
        So I can have it shipped to me and then I mail it to my cousin?
        Yes, definitely.

Elise

Comment

Thanks Elise, and everyone else. (Chances are I won't match her, but still, if nothing else, she can get some info from it). Best wishes, all.

Comment

When you order the kit for your next of kin, you might consider ordering it as a generic kit, which is easy to do if you're an Administrator. That way, no name is linked to it, until it is actually used.

If you mail a generic kit to a cousin & they lose it (or throw it in the trash or it otherwise just disappears), you can just ask Family Tree DNA for a replacement to be mailed to you. The replacement could, of course, be sent to a different, more cooperative, relative.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Working...
            X