GEDmatch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEDmatch Question

Please can anyone help me with this question, I recently uploaded my sons FTDNA on to Gedmatch .com and everything seemed to be working ok I can compare FT DNA results with all in public database, also X chromosome, and Autosomal, but have lost Triangulate on match results, and chromosome browser?!!!!!! I cannot see a help line to contact. Thank you all. Julie Dello

Originally posted by dello View Post
    Please can anyone help me with this question, I recently uploaded my sons FTDNA on to Gedmatch .com and everything seemed to be working ok I can compare FT DNA results with all in public database, also X chromosome, and Autosomal, but have lost Triangulate on match results, and chromosome browser?!!!!!! I cannot see a help line to contact. Thank you all. Julie Dello
    Julie, just in case you didn't realize this, for the triangulation tool you need to upload his Family Finder match list - a separate thing from the raw data files you uploaded for the other tools you listed. And for the chromosome browser tool you need to download (painstakingly, 5 matches at a time) all your FF chromosome browser data and upload that. John has instructions there as to how to do all these things. Gedmatch is a wonderful resource once you get everything into place.

Also for the GEDCOM function you need to upload his GEDCOM family tree file, if you have one.

Comment

Thank you.

Dwight, Thank you so much, its a brand spanking new day tomorrow, so will TRY and complete that, as you say its marvelous, what I have done so far, when its completed it should be really helpful, I am having such a lot of fun, its definately opening doors, still a long way to go, but its a good start. Thank you again. Julie.

Comment

Another GEDmatch Question (or two?)

I have been "tinkering" with the figures on GEDmatches "Tree relationship" tool, with a couple of close-ish matches to my son, and I don"t understand A, on the first one it says their are NO X chromosomes 0.0cM, AND B second person, although all his details are there fo me to see, it dos"nt reconise his kit no when I try to use the relationship tool?!!!!! Oooh, I do so wish I understood all this so much better............. Any help is much appreciated........ I am "train-able "?!!!!!!!!! Thank you Julie Dello.

Comment

dello- If it is a FF kit no, put "F" before the number (such as my FTDNA kit # = 218514, but on Gedmatch, it is "F218514"). Somewhere on the Gedmatch site, there are other prefixed for other testing cos.

Comment

Working...
          X