Contacting members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting members

Sorry. I'm sure this answer is somewhere in the FAQ, but I can't seem to find it.

I want to send an inquiry to someone that isn't on my match list. I went to their profile & I see that I can send a visitor message or a private message. But it looks like they have to come to the FTDNA website to see either. It doesn't look like they get email notification that they have a message waiting & I don't see a link to email them directly.

Any tips?

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Do you mean that you want to contact a member of the discussion forum? Not all customers are members of the forum -- only those who chose to register for the forum can be reached this way.

So yes, if you want to contact a forum participant, just send a private message. Whether they are notified by email or not will depend on their forum preferences. I have mine set to notify me by email when someone sends me a private message here.

Elise

Comment

Elise,

Thanks. They're registered on the forum, but according to their profile haven't been active since October. Hope they check in one day.

Thanks,
      Cheryl

Comment

Working...
      X