myFTDNA2.0 launched to all customers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myFTDNA2.0 launched to all customers today

myFTDNA2.0 has been launched to all customers today, so thought I'd start a new thread for discussion, rather than continuing in the beta thread.

Access to myFTDNA2.0 is through the same Login page that you've always used to access your personal myFTDNA account:

http://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx
    (or the orange Login button at the top right of the Family Tree DNA homepage)

For those new to myFTDNA2.0, be sure to go through the Interactive Tour to learn your way around the new myFTDNA pages. I believe the Interactive Tour will be open by default the first time you access the new myFTDNA2.0 pages, but in case not, just click the Interactive Tour button, just below the blue menu bar that runs across the screen.

Elise

What happened to the (near) matches, which used to be a tab on the Y-Haplotree? There were the only (near) matches I had on Y...

Comment

It's sooo much better and more appealing than myFTDNA1.0. Thank you very much!

If only the SNP-map would cover all SNPs included in the ISOGG tree it would be perfect!

Comment

Found the (near) match(es) page

Found the page - it is called "Y-DNA - Haplogroup Origins "

Used to have several (near) matches. Now only have one.

Comment

Advanced Matching

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
          Found the page - it is called "Y-DNA - Haplogroup Origins "

Used to have several (near) matches. Now only have one.
          Lincoln,
          Have you tried under the Y-DNA click on Advanced Matching then located under Filter Advanced View- select all Y-DNA and have show matches for the entire database checked.

I hope this will help.

Cheryl

Comment

Lincoln,

The Haplotree "My Matches" page used to show only 12-marker matches, but went up to GD=4. Now the Haplogroup Origins page shows all marker levels, but only up to FTDNA's standard matching thresholds. So it's the very distant 12-marker matches that you no longer see - but those weren't genealogically relevant anyway.

Elise

Comment

Thanks Cheryl, Elise...

I sort of figured the near matches weren't really that near, but it was nice in a way to have something, esp since they included countries, which made it slightly more meaningful. Now, there is one with an GD of 1 "R1b1a2 Unknown Origin " I do wish I had matches to my dad's side on any of the tests I did, especially since he is dead and was a great parent.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                myFTDNA2.0 has been launched to all customers today, so thought I'd start a new thread for discussion, rather than continuing in the beta thread.

Elise
                A big improvement. Much easier to navigate in FF results now and a big help to finally have control over which matches came in when.

Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                  ... myFTDNA2.0 has been launched to all customers today, so thought I'd start a new thread for discussion, rather than continuing in the beta thread ...
                  Elise
                  I like it. Two thumbs up.

Comment

Awesome! I plugged in a beneficiary, changed my password, and checked out advanced matching. Love it!

Cheryl

Comment

There is a new feature that project admins may not be aware of. In my case I have a bunch of my own kits so I use GAP instead of logging into each kit separately. With MyFTDNA2.0, full access from the GAP login is off by default but to get it back, say like me you have many kits in your own project that you own, do this:
                      1. login to GAP
                      2. go to [My Account]
                      3. go to [Kit Authorization]
                      4. add the individual kit number and password in (since you own the kit you would know this or the kit owner in theory could share it with you)

This provide full access from GAP login to the kit(s) you entered.

Matt.

Comment

I manage the FF results for myself and my two sisters. I really like the new column in the matches that gives the date of the match. Now it is fairly easy to locate any new matches or to date older matches.

Comment

What a massive improvement. Kudos to all involved.

Earl.

Comment

GAP function??

Matt,

Is the GAP function only available to project admins?
                            I manage 6 (soon to be 7, and a few more once 23 transfers happen) family accounts and it sounds like it could be useful to me as well.

Not all of the family members here are of the same lineage. Some are paternal, some maternal.

Thank you.

Comment

Great improvement to the layout! The previous layout was an eyesore of textual clutter.

Comment

Working...
                              X