Communications for FTDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communications for FTDNA

First of all, I suspect that a good answer to this question is somewhere on line, but I could not find it. I am also not sure where I should post this on the board because there is no forum specifically for general questions.

I originally ordered a YDNA37 test while at a genealogical conference in August. The swabs were taken at the time that I paid, with the assistance of Bennett Greenspan no less. A couple of days after the end of the conference I received information about my Batch number, etc.

Last Saturday, 11/19/11, I ordered a FF test. Soon thereafter, I received acknowledgement by email on three different email accounts. (I shouldn't have entered them all in my profile.) I expected to receive soon thereafter either notification of what batch number I was assigned to or notification that new swabs were being sent. This hasn't happened. Should I be concerned, or is this normal procedure. In that case, what time frame should I expect?

Because I ordered my first test at a conference, I am not familiar with the time it takes for things to happen when ordering on line. I did note some mention of people who ordered in the Sale already in the batch forum.

Well it takes a few days . I also believe they batch on a particular day of the week ? Anyway just log on to your account and you will see pending lab results in the column on your left. If you don't see pending lab results than it hasn't been batched yet .

Comment

Yes they do post your batch number on a particular day. I live in the UK and I got my batch number via email on Thursday morning. But that would be wednesday mid day for the US. Wednesday being the day they usually post batch numbers out. It took two weeks to get my batch number from posting my sample from here in the UK.

So welcome to the wait eh lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
        Well it takes a few days . I also believe they batch on a particular day of the week ? Anyway just log on to your account and you will see pending lab results in the column on your left. If you don't see pending lab results than it hasn't been batched yet .
        The pending lab results llink wasn't there the last time that I looked. It's there now. I don't know when it showed up.

Thanks.

Comment

The time line goes like this:

Order test.

Within a few hours, email acknowledgment (with your Kit # and Password if you haven't ordered before).

Within a few days, you will receive the kit by mail. Follow the instructions and mail it back.

It can take up to two weeks for the kit to be received and logged in at the lab. You will be notified by email when this happens.

A few days later (on Wednesday) you will be assigned to a batch. When you log in to your personal page (MyFTDNA page) you will see "Pending Results". Click on that and your batch number and due date will appear.

Although there's always issues that might delay results, I've been seeing results posted 2 to 3 weeks BEFORE the due date.

Comment

I ordered the FF test on 15th Nov and did not received any e-mail notification of batch no etc on either of my registered e-mail addresses. However the test showed up on my Pending Lab Results page in the early hours (UK time) of 17th Nov with a batch no of 439.

I also ordered a Deep Clade test on 19th Nov and this test showed up on my Pending Lab Results page on 23rd Nov with a batch no of 440, again with no e-mail notification to either registered e-mail address.

The only e-mail notification I've ever received about batch nos was after my initial order (yDNA37) - on 19th Oct I received notification to both e-mail addresses that they had received my kit and that my yDNA37 test was part of batch 435. At the same time it showed up on my Pending Lab Results page.

Perhaps FTDNA have stopped sending out e-mail notifications - or perhaps they only send them out when they batch your first test.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianP View Post
              I also ordered a Deep Clade test on 19th Nov and this test showed up on my Pending Lab Results page on 23rd Nov with a batch no of 440, again with no e-mail notification to either registered e-mail address.
              I suspect that mine appeared at the same time, but I didn't look, expecting another email. I am in the same batch.

Comment

Working...
              X