Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mtdna haplotype subclade H7 Sweden&Finland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtdna haplotype subclade H7 Sweden&Finland?

I have just read a recent paper regarding subclades. It lists H7 as being from Sweden and Finland. This makes sense to me knowing a little about my maternal great-grandmothers background. Has anyone else read this?
    Does FTDNA know yet if this is true? Any help would be much appreciated.
    It has been a long time since I had the subclade test done without a definate answer.

Could you cite the article?

Could you cite the article? The only mention I recall ever seeing of the h7 geography (“High Resolution mtDNA evidence for the late-glacial resettlement of Europe from an Iberian refugium” 2005: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press) pointed toward Norway.

Cordially--
    Rick, who is wondering where all the mtDNA H7s and yDNA I1b folks are...

Comment

Hi,

This is what I read from the internet. I have read the other papers pointing toward the Iberian pn. Seems Norway , Sweden and Iberia are quite some distance away from eachother. I though by now my subclade testing would be pinpointed. ..Anyhow, here is the article:

Some time ago I identified six varieties of I1a haplotypes which had different
      > geographical distributions and substantial populations. When preparing that
      > message I chose to leave out a seventh variety of I1a because I thought its
      > population was too small to have confidence it was pure I1a considering I had to
      > use the YHRD database and its very few markers in order to identify I1a from all
      > other haplogroups. But this seventh variety certainly had shown geographical
      > concentration in Sweden and Finland.
      >
      > This variety which I will call H7 is 15, 23, 14, 14, 8, 13 at DYS 19, 390,
      > 385a,b, 455, 462 (the last two markers are not available at YHRD)
      >
      > I went to Sorenson database where I could add the DYS 455 = 8 marker as strong
      > identifier for only I1a, and I could add DYS 462 = 13 as identifier of being a
      > variety founded AFTER the major bifurcation of I1a in Scandinavia when modal DYS
      > 462 = 12 converted into modal DYS 462 = 13
      >
      > Checking the pedigrees at Sorenson database for the H7 haplotypes, I can now
      > confirm a strong preference for family origins in Sweden or Finland!
      >
      > H7 should then geographically be distinquished from "Ultra-Norse" H5 = 14, 23,
      > 14, 15, 8, 13 at the same markers in that H5 shows a clear preference for Norway
      > in its geographical distribution although it is well present in Sweden and
      > Finland as well. H7 was not significantly present with Norwegian origins.
      >
      > I changed the H7 DYS 462 from "13" to "12" and as expected got a series of
      > matches on Sorenson with origins from all over the places in Europe with
      > substantial I1a and no particular concentration in Fenno-Scandinavia. This
      > indicates that the DYS 462 = 12 version of such haplotypes consists of mainly
      > random mutations from the other DYS 462 = 12 varieties found throughout Germany,
      > Netherlands, Denmark, and then on up into southern Sweden and Norway.
      >
      > Ken
      >

Comment

Originally posted by candy
        > This variety which I will call H7 is 15, 23, 14, 14, 8, 13 at DYS 19, 390,
        > 385a,b, 455, 462 (the last two markers are not available at YHRD)
        >

> Ken
        >
        Hi Candy,

Ken appears to be talking about a cluster of Y-DNA I1a that hes called "H7", and not the mtDNA haplogroup H7.

As for the Geographical origins of mtDNA H7, - the scientific breakdown of mtDNA haplogroup H is just in its infancy, and there are very few populations that have had haplogroup H subclades tested adequately. I think we'll need to wait until there are many more population studies testing the subclades before we have a better idea.
        My fathers mtDNA is most likely to be H7, so this is something that is of personal interest to me as well.

Angela.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. After reading more closely, I realized you are right. Ken was not speaking of mtdna. I know not many that have been tested have come back as H7, but It has been about a year since I had the subclade test done and came back as H7. I know I have to be patient and take a "wait and see" attitude. I'm afraid it will be years before I have an answer. Thanks again for your replies.

Comment

About mtDNA H7

I am also H7. This was sent to me by Mr Ian Logan who's done some research on this sub-clade. It seems right to me because my mother's family is Italian.

H7 is a nice little subgroup of Haplogroup H, and I suggest it is about 5% of H;
            and this would make about H7 about 1-2% of all Europeans.

I tend to think of Haplogroup H coming into Europe via the Mediterranean
            about 50,000 years ago; and some people suggest H people stayed in the warmth of Spain, Italy & Greece in the last glacial periods before spreading
            northwards.

Anyway I don't think one can really say any more about H7 from our present
            knowledge,than to say it is still more common in the Spanish and Italian countries than in the Anglo-Saxon north of Europe.

Comment

I've yet to refine my mtdna Haplo-H to see if I have a sub-group.

My maternal line is from Scotland. Supposedly H branched from France with the retreating glaciers of the last Ice Age.

Comment

I have just read a recent paper regarding subclades. It lists H7 as being from Sweden and Finland. This makes sense to me knowing a little about my maternal great-grandmothers background. Has anyone else read this?
                It has been a long time since I had the subclade test done without a definate answer.
                I'm from Finland, and so is my maternal line (as far as I know). I haven't tested for any subclades, but the only H-sublcades that I match seem to be H1b. The H-haplogroup seems to be very evenly distributed in Europe. I just have 1 match from any country, except 2 from Ireland:

H
                Germany
                -

H
                Great Britain
                -

H
                Hungary
                -

H
                Ireland
                -

H
                Scotland
                -

H
                Switzerland
                -

H
                United Kingdom
                -

H
                United States
                -

H
                Unknown Origin
                -

H
                Wales
                -

H1b
                Germany
                -

H1b
                Norway
                -

H1b
                Poland
                -

U4
                Unknown Origin
                -

Comment

\
                  my son is h7

he has 2000+ matches

h7 got around

Comment

Working...
                  X