the beta for myFTDNA is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetick View Post
    Everyone who whines about the date has obviously never worked in IT. This is exactly why many companies do not announce dates. I personally think it's foolish to announce dates until it's definite, since all it does is upset naive customers when dates get pushed out.
    I work in IT. That is exactly why I "whine" about the matter. It is not nice to see how FTDNA shoots her own leg - for nothing.

Comment

FTDNA is actually not that bad... take a look 23andme changing their policies without telling anyone. A few weeks back 23andme just changed a FAQ stating v3 subscriptions that stopped paying after the commitment will loose all data except raw data. Everyone is scrambling to take screenshots of their data.

Comment

2.0 *will* be launched today, barring any unforeseen circumstances. Have an ounce of patience, please

Elise

Comment

I am very patient. (Hmm... How much is "an ounce of patience" in minutes? )

Comment

Originally posted by 192971 View Post
            I am very patient. (Hmm... How much is "an ounce of patience" in minutes? )
            Of course, you know someone will ask if this is Imperial Ounces, US Ounces, Fluid Ounces, et al. And there's fluid pints and dry pints.

I'm working on the basis that an ounce of patience is a sixteenth part of a pound avoirdupois. In galactic time, that's essentially as long as a piece of string.

And anyway, what's the big deal about meeting the launch time precisely. It's not as if I'll automatically get an extra 20 matches ... (is it?).

Comment

Maybe they're rolling it out now? All of a sudden I can't access my account. Whether I try to go back to my homepage or try to sign in again, I get a message that the URL is invalid and cannot be loaded.

Carol Anne

Comment

Can not get to myFTDNA webpage. After I login I get the message "Object moved to here." and I click the here link which is resolved to http:/// . Looks like a typo or load balancing issue resolving the server link.

I actually think that is good sign well all have the new website soon. I posted the details so anyone from FTDNA support can inform the web team if they are not already working on it.

Comment

It works! Thanks!!

Comment

it works. If you are not getting to it, try by closing your browser and restarting it..

Matt.

Comment

Hopefully it will clear up the match which is making me doubt who my parents are... NOT joking either . EDIT- Actually my father. Would be less bizarre if I doubted both parents...
                      Last edited by Lincoln; 4 January 2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Oops I guess I was typing while the tick was

Lincoln what kind of match makes you have doubts on your father?

MD

Comment

Family Finder. A Norwegian who has several hundred year tree, with all in Norway, while I have no one from there as far back as I can go now (I am Scotch/Irish/Polish/Slovak/German?maybe Jewish)

I intellectually know it is probably a VERY old connection, prob hundreds of years, that slipped in. I had had 18 FF matches for weeks, and then out of the blew, this Norwegian match shows up. Very odd, considering I can figure out hw I am connected to all the rest. You know how one can "know" something, but the mind can go and wonder and go off on tangents?

Comment

So why do you assume it was was your parents? There could be a non paternal event back 4 or 5 generations and finding connections back 4+ generations happens, but certainly is not a given expectation? Do you have other evidence otherwise you really are jumping to conclusions.

Comment

That's what I tried to say. I know it is probably something way back, but the mind can get goofy at times. EDIT- It does seem odd though this match. I guess a piece of something lasted longer than I anticipated, given the other matches are probably within last 1-200 years. I emailed him/her (I think the sample is a woman, which a man submitted). No answer yet.
                              Last edited by Lincoln; 4 January 2012, 04:39 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X