the beta for myFTDNA is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the beta for myFTDNA is out

The beta for myFTDNA2.0 is out and available for group admins.

I have no idea when the full version will be available to all users. The answer will depend on how much feedback FTDNA receives and how much work is involved in making any changes.

It's official name is myFTDNA2.0, SNP Maps (the official name for that page) are included now in the YDNA section.

I'll come back to this thread later tonight with more information.

Matt.

Awesome! Hopefully it will be available to all of us soon. Please post pictures if you can. Thanks

Comment

It has issues

I just used it and I can't access the pages. Anyone else having issue with it. For example, when I click the FFinder matches, the page doesn't load!!!!!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by shandy4473 View Post
        I just used it and I can't access the pages. Anyone else having issue with it. For example, when I click the FFinder matches, the page doesn't load!!!!!
        Steve
        Looks like the various Matches pages aren't loading -- they were earlier, though. Other pages are loading fine, so check those out for now.

I assume the Matches pages won't be fixed until tomorrow morning, unless one of the IT guys happens to be online tonight.

Elise
        Last edited by efgen; 21 November 2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to see it!

Comment

myFTDNA2.0

Here is a first look at the new interface for those of you who would like to see it.

Again I have to stress, this is beta and no timeframe for its release has been published (these pdf files can not be printed (since it's beta) but can be viewed).

Enjoy.

Matt.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mkdexter; 21 November 2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
              Here is a first look at the new interface for those of you who would like to see it.

Again I have to stress, this is beta and no timeframe for its release has been published (these pdf files can not be printed (since it's beta) but can be viewed).

Enjoy.

Matt.

Looks awesome. I really like the new features, and layout. Thanks Matt.

Comment

I've added the same file as one pdf to a new website I'll be posting information on; FindingDNAFamily.

link available here: http://findingdnafamily.com/

Matt

Comment

Well I can see the new pages.
                  I cant get Advanced Matching or SNP Map to do anything. Just that little circle going around and around and around.

If the pages take as long to load as they are today, then Ill never get to see anything. Even the tour doesnt want to load....
                  My GAP pages are working fine though........

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                    Looks like the various Matches pages aren't loading -- they were earlier, though. Other pages are loading fine, so check those out for now.

I assume the Matches pages won't be fixed until tomorrow morning, unless one of the IT guys happens to be online tonight.

Elise
                    Apparantly many people are having intermittent page hangs from various places. It worked for me a few times, then stopped, then worked again this morning.

(edit) the issue is supposed to be fixed now.. just got a note about it.

One reason they call this "beta"...

Matt.
                    Last edited by mkdexter; 22 November 2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Matt -
                      What is the best way to provide feedback on the new layout and features? I see that they give the TiP icon and link to every male in my FF match list. But that has no meaning in the FF context, only the Y or mt context (unless they're really bringing out something new on us!!)

Apparantly many people are having intermittent page hangs from various places. It worked for me a few times, then stopped, then worked again this morning.

(edit) the issue is supposed to be fixed now.. just got a note about it.

One reason they call this "beta"...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
                        Matt -
                        What is the best way to provide feedback on the new layout and features? I see that they give the TiP icon and link to every male in my FF match list. But that has no meaning in the FF context, only the Y or mt context (unless they're really bringing out something new on us!!)
                        The feedback link from a FTDNA1.0 login

Tip is there in case it's a match via YDNA too. Otherwise it will simply show 0%. Advanced matching needs it for certain choices

Comment

Dwight I looked again and I see what you mean. I don't remember Tip being there a few weeks ago.

Apparantly anyone that has had a YDNA test has that badge next to their info.

It is needed for the Advance Matces pages. Send them a note about it via Feedback from the 1.0 login... I couldn't get Feedback to give me a comment box from 2.0 so I use a 1.0 login instead.

Comment

done - but i did it from 2.0. (how would you find the 1.0 page now? the usual login takes me directly to 2.0 now.)

Dwight I looked again and I see what you mean. I don't remember Tip being there a few weeks ago.

Apparantly anyone that has had a YDNA test has that badge next to their info.

It is needed for the Advance Matces pages. Send them a note about it via Feedback from the 1.0 login... I couldn't get Feedback to give me a comment box from 2.0 so I use a 1.0 login instead.

Comment

New 12 marker Y-DNA matches showing up in new GAP 2.0

I've got two 12/12 matches showing up now that never did before. I knew about one of them through an off-site family project, but not the other one. No biggie - they both disappear entirely at 25 markers. But curious.

And, yes, I've always had mine set to match with anyone in the database. So I'm wondering if the new interface somehow changed the setting for these two gentlemen?

Comment

Working...
                              X