X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacock100
    replied
    Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
    Mark login to your assigned FTDNA FF kit (login at www.familytreedna.com) and upload your gedcom, then import your surnames from it. You can do this in the "Tools" and "My Account" sections after you login. There is no reason you have to wait for the results and if you do that now you will already have it loaded when the tests come back on a few weeks.

There are also webinars you can sign up for from Relative Roots that will assist you with learning about the DNA tests. Go to the FTDNA Facebook page periodically as they will be announced there.
    Yes, please, everyone who can, upload your gedcoms. I realize that a number of people who have taken an FTDNA test are not able to do that because they are adoptees. Some people are missing a branch of their tree, for whatever reason, adoption or NPE futher back; slave ancestry or whatever. People need to upload whatever they can, for matches to be able to try to connect.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• mkdexter
    replied
    Mark login to your assigned FTDNA FF kit (login at www.familytreedna.com) and upload your gedcom, then import your surnames from it. You can do this in the "Tools" and "My Account" sections after you login. There is no reason you have to wait for the results and if you do that now you will already have it loaded when the tests come back on a few weeks.

There are also webinars you can sign up for from Relative Roots that will assist you with learning about the DNA tests. Go to the FTDNA Facebook page periodically as they will be announced there.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks everyone....think I was jumping too fast as we have only just sent the samples back, so no results yet. I was just trying to find out the next steps, so Gedcom it is. I appreciate the help and advice.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Peacock100
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkT View Post
    Hi all

Im new to the company and have just had a Family Finder test. A possible relative has just had a test too with me, so we would like to compare our results.

How do I go about arranging that?

Kind regards
    Mark
    Mark,

Are your results back yet? If not, you will have to wait and see if your potential match matches you.

Also, since it is an FF test you are talking about, you may want to post in the Family Finder forum as to questions about that.

If your potential match and you, both have your results and are not matching at FTDNA, then yes, I would recommend uploading your results to Gedmatch.com.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkT View Post
    Hi all

Im new to the company and have just had a Family Finder test. A possible relative has just had a test too with me, so we would like to compare our results.

Kind regards
    Mark
    Welcome. I'm a newbie too, and it can be very intimidating ...

Yes, Gedmatch.com for sure, where you can both put your results (and your gedcom files) and compare yours and hopefully quite a few others.

I presume you have already been on your 'myFTDNA' page to Family Finder (left side, next after 'My Account' 'My Maps') and checked out the 'Matches' and also 'Chromosome Browser'. If the other person is a possible relative (and is), then you should be seeing something at some distance even at 'speculative' level ?.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Brunetmj
    replied
    Well one thing you could both do is upload your results to gedmatch.com and compare results there.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Comparing Results

Comparing Results

Hi all

Kind regards
    Mark
Working...
X