This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the sale announcement?

Thought I read statement made at last weekend's conference that FTDNA would have announcement of their fall sale later in the week. The end of the week has come and gone and no announcement.

Any chance there will be better pricing than the same sale pricing used multiple times in the past 2 years? (with exception of the one time, 24 hour 40% off FB sale which has not been repeated).

Originally posted by Geneadict View Post
    Thought I read statement made at last weekend's conference that FTDNA would have announcement of their fall sale later in the week. The end of the week has come and gone and no announcement.

Any chance there will be better pricing than the same sale pricing used multiple times in the past 2 years? (with exception of the one time, 24 hour 40% off FB sale which has not been repeated).
    I would recommend that you submit your question to, e.g. Bennett Greenspan or someone else on the FTDNA contact list. How would any of us, who are just customers, know the answer to your question?

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock100 View Post
      I would recommend that you submit your question to, e.g. Bennett Greenspan or someone else on the FTDNA contact list. How would any of us, who are just customers, know the answer to your question?
      It's called speculation and opinion which makes up the vast majority of every post in this or any other forum.

Like Mr. Greenspan or any other employee of FTDNA is going to tell me or anyone else who asks what their sale pricing is going to be?

Meanwhile, this thread started out of annoyance with FTDNA's public announcement last weekend that they would be announcing their fall sale pricing later in the week and that time frame having come and gone.

Granted, the sales usually start the week of Thanksgiving and not surprised nothing's yet been announced publicly, but apparently they either mispoke (meaning month rather than week) or had no concept of time when they made the announcement at the conference.

Comment

Additionally, if FTDNA goes and announces there sale on FB, where I generally don't hang out, perhaps another customer will be kind enough to share that here.

Comment

You don't need a facebook account to look at FTDNA Facebook page.

Comment

It will start today. I was told it will start in a few hours from now.

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
              It will start today. I was told it will start in a few hours from now.

Matt.
              A few hours from Now Now or Then Now ...

(Sorry, I find this all very hilarious ...)

Comment

it was then now, but now its not then, so it isn't now or then anymore. it will be now soon though!

Comment

it was then now, but now its not then, so it isn't now or then anymore. It will be now soon though!
                  rotfl

Comment

Originally posted by thetick View Post
                    You don't need a facebook account to look at FTDNA Facebook page.
                    Doesn't really matter. I don't spend much, if any time there. And while I'm online enough to usually catch info on a sale somewhere, there are MANY FTDNA customers who do not spend much, if any time online beyond checking their e-mail. The fact that some of these sales take place with FB as their primary focus and MANY long time customers who have given FTDNA allot of business, but do not even get a courtesy e-mail or learning of some of these sales after the fact.

If like last year, this end of year sale will run for several weeks or through the end of the year, so not necessarily same issue.

Comment

it was then now, but now its not then, so it isn't now or then anymore. it will be now soon though!
                      Dad, are we there yet *lol*

Comment

Ha ha.. yeah waiting is the worst part... so I've been told twice already that it starts today and runs the rest of the year.
                        Last edited by mkdexter; 14 November 2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Ha ha.. yeah waiting is the worst part... so I've been told twice already that it starts today and runs the rest of the year.
                          This thread has me holding my sides from laughing so much! I wonder if a clever sense of humor is genetic?!

Keep it up! It helps pass the time when pacing back and forth in the maternity ward.
                          Judy

Comment

... but there's nothing left for me to buy (and no relatives that I am aware of who will step up for a test). Sale ... Schmale ...

Comment

Prior Sales Pricing

For anyone comparing notes, here's some of FTDNA's prior sale pricing :

Sizzling Summer Sale - August 2008
                              Y-DNA12 orders include a FREE mtDNA test (Y-DNA12+mtDNA promotion price of $99; normally $189)
                              Y-DNA25 orders include a FREE mtDNA test (Y-DNA25+mtDNA promotion price of $148; normally $238)
                              Y-DNA37 orders price REDUCED to $119 (normally $189)
                              Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus orders price REDUCED to $189 (normally $339)
                              Y-DNA67+mtDNAPlus orders price REDUCED to $288 (normally $409)
                              mtDNAPlus price REDUCED to $149 (normally $189)

November 2008 sale
                              Y-DNA37 $119
                              Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus $199
                              Y-DNA67 $218
                              Y-DNA67+mtDNAPlus $308
                              mtDNAPlus $139
                              Full Genomic mtDNA $395
                              SuperDNA $613

Unparralleled 50% Promotion - June 2009
                              Y-DNA37+mtDNA for $119. (The regular project price is $248

Comment

Working...
                              X