R1b help for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b help for a newbie

Is it common to not have any matches in 12 markers for R1b?
    393 - 13
    390 - 24
    19 - 14
    391 - 11
    385a - 12
    385b - 13
    426 - 13
    388 - 12
    439 - 11
    389 1 - 13
    392 - 13
    389 2 - 30

Which of these markers do I need to look at to try to figure out why I don't have any matches? Thanks

Originally posted by Villicus
    393 - 13
    390 - 24 19 - 14
    391 - 11
    385a - 12
    385b - 13
    426 - 13
    388 - 12
    439 - 11
    389 1 - 13
    392 - 13
    389 2 - 30

Which of these markers do I need to look at to try to figure out why I don't have any matches? Thanks

look the problem isnt your markers even if they are the rarest thats not it. even if it says something about you and yours.
    what is the problem is we are somewhere near 70,000 tested everywhere
    we need 9,000,000 before we see a real pattern you might be one whose matches are hesitant. one member of a project i run had non and bingo
    3 matches at 25 , 1 genetic distance and a couple at 2 in one day.
    the answer here generally is we need more people tested especialy more with your name and locations

sit back relax understand for the rest of your life and beyond your test will bring forth matches maybe not today but it will you wont be the onlu one with the markers above
    R1b 13 23 14 11 12 13 12 12 13 13 13 30 17 9 10 11 11 26 15 19 30 15 15 17 18 11 10 19 23 15 15 20 17 37 37 12 12 are one of my people no matches
    R1b 13 23 14 11 12 13 12 12 13 13 13 30
    13 24 14 11 12 13 13 12 11 13 13 30

thats pretty close he will be happy with it so more of you need to test thats all
    what study are you in the above is from denning

Comment

Thanks Jim, I'm in the anusim group.

Comment

Thanks Jim, I'm in the anusim group.
        Join the Anusim Project
        Members: 45
        Description:
        This group is designed for people who believe that they might be descendents of Jews who converted to Catholicism at the time of the Inquisition in Spain. (1492) All descendents of Anusim welcome!
        Surnames in Project:
        Cortez
        Requirements:
        ----------------------------
        why am i not surprized but nan cant of happened because 30,000 years ago i was a neolitic farmer.
        and your just another close person to me and mine who assumes they were jewish.
        read the forum i am posting in after this

Comment

[QUOTE=J
          why am i not surprized but nan cant of happened because 30,000 years ago i was a neolitic farmer.
          and your just another close person to me and mine who assumes they were jewish.
          read the forum i am posting in after this[/QUOTE]

I'm not assuming anything, just investigating the possibility based on a well researched paper trail and a strong circumstantial case recently made to me by an elderly relative which fits in nicely with a lot of (at the time) confusing things said to me by my grandfather when he found out I was doing family tree research. That's why I am doing the DNA testing, to confirm or disprove the possibility. I fully realize that I may not have the answers I am looking for for several years. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction based on my 12 markers as I am quite new at this.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

I'm not assuming anything, just investigating the possibility based on a well researched paper trail and a strong circumstantial case recently made to me by an elderly relative which fits in nicely with a lot of (at the time) confusing things said to me by my grandfather when he found out I was doing family tree research. That's why I am doing the DNA testing, to confirm or disprove the possibility. I fully realize that I may not have the answers I am looking for for several years. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction based on my 12 markers as I am quite new at this.[/QUOTE]

since nothing is proven assuming is a good word anyways its me that seems to be getting this which might mean your families right

Comment

The markers from which you differ from the Atlantic Modal Haplotype (the most common form of R1b) are: 385 a, 385b, 426, 439, 389-2.

393 - 13
              390 - 24
              19 - 14
              391 - 11
              385a - 12
              385b - 13
              426 - 13
              388 - 12
              439 - 11
              389 1 - 13
              392 - 13
              389 2 - 30

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                The markers from which you differ from the Atlantic Modal Haplotype (the most common form of R1b) are: 385 a, 385b, 426, 439, 389-2.
                385a - 12
                385b - 13
                are rare according to bennett at ftdna thats what my project member has

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
                  385a - 12
                  385b - 13
                  are rare according to bennett at ftdna thats what my project member has
                  Thanks guys. Other than these markers being rare, what else do they infer as far as ethnicity or anything else?

Comment

It seems like 385a-12, 385b-13 occur more often in Mongolia. Am I getting this right? Or could it be Native American?

Comment

Has your R1b haplogroup been confirmed or is it just an estimate? Your haplotype is not strongly typical of R1b and there is a small chance that you are something other than R1b.

Regards, Bob

Comment

I haven't had it confirmed yet. I guess I should since parts of it are so odd.

Comment

my guys is confirmed

and when bennett calls it rare its rare

Comment

R1b in Sicily

R1b in Sicily

If R1b is Celtic. Then how did R1b's find themselves in Sicily?

Are R1b's native to Sicily?

Or were they brought from Austria or the British Isles?

Or could the Normans have Celtic genes that left there mark in Sicily?

Two types of Normans - Celtic-Normans & Nordic-Normans

Two types of Sicilian Normans - Celtic-Normans & Nordic-Normans

I believe there are two types of Norman poplations in Sicily: R1a & R1b.

The question is whether R1b came from continetial European - from Spain or Austria or from the British Isles?

I am asking this question - due to having a name via my mother's father's side "Azzo" that means "noble" in Germanic.

Sicilian Peoples: The Normans

Here is interesting article written by Vincenzo Salerno:

http://www.bestofsicily.com/mag/art171.htm

Genetics & Anthropology in Sicily

http://www.bestofsicily.com/genetics.htm

I think r1b's could be result of - the influx of the "Celtic-Nordic" Normans intermarrying with the local population.

Nordic - most generally, refers to native inhabitants of Scandinavia, northwestern Europe and regions bordering the North Sea.

Normans - residual Norse civilization of medieval Normandy, amalgamated with the essentially Gallic-Celtic population already resident there. In the medieval context, the Normans were Frankish as well as Scandinavian.

R1a = Nordic
                            R1b = Celtic

There would have to be a few of us in Sicily

Comment

Working...
                            X