Need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help

I just got my results back today and... well... I don't know how to read them. I took the basic mtDNA test. Haplogroup H (not surprised) CRS motif. Do I need to get the upgrade to get more specific results? I'm a newbie to this so bear with me.
    Is there a link to some info that explains in detail without using the scientific jargon that are in those articles they provide? You know a dumbed down version.

bump

Can anyone help out?

Comment

Originally posted by CecileD
      I just got my results back today and... well... I don't know how to read them. I took the basic mtDNA test. Haplogroup H (not surprised) CRS motif. Do I need to get the upgrade to get more specific results? I'm a newbie to this so bear with me.
      Is there a link to some info that explains in detail without using the scientific jargon that are in those articles they provide? You know a dumbed down version.
      here is a basic rule the more you do the more it means
      the more some thing deviates from crs and you match them the more likely someone is related . just like a 37 match is better then a 12in ydna.
      what you ,me and everyone else needs is more people to test everyonme should do all of it . but finances sometimes prohibits it i should say usually
      jim

Comment

Cecil,
        I don't know what your expectations were when you tested your mtDNA. H is European, almost exclusively European. 40% to 50% of peoples tested, that claim European ancestry, will be H.
        Check ou this study, Pereira et.al. 2005, it is in the FTDNA Library but if you don't want to search for it; follow this link.
        http://www.ftdna.com/pdf/Pereira2005.pdf
        After reading this study, you should know whether you want to spend the extra bucks to be "typed".

Happy Hunting
        Jeffrey Stewart
        H3 and still searching

Comment

Working...
        X