Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed K3 subclade

Hi all,

I've added a News item on the K Project website linking to an article here: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....3-proposal.htm

I've looked at perhaps 1500 K full sequences in the last years and all have been in either K1 or K3 until recently when two showed up not in either of those subclades. Although collected over 4000 miles apart, they have eleven mutations in common. So I have proposed a new high-level K3 subclade for them. An interesting aspect is that the newest sequence is from a Han Chinese from Beijing.

Bill Hurst

Should be "in either K1 or K2 until recently..." above. Thanks, Jim.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Great work, Bill! Do you think there's a dearth of people who've tested from this clade, or is it just rare? Are many people in the K project (or FTDNA or mitoSearch more generally) from areas this clade should be prevalent?

Comment

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
        Great work, Bill! Do you think there's a dearth of people who've tested from this clade, or is it just rare? Are many people in the K project (or FTDNA or mitoSearch more generally) from areas this clade should be prevalent?
        Hi Nathan,

Dearth/rare are both probably correct. There are from zero to few test subjects in K from Georgia, Uzbekistan, Adygea and China. The Uzbekistan paper has 60+ K examples; the rest seem to be in known subclades (although the list is in about 2 point type). The Zheng paper has this one K out of 249 samples. But if one out 249 Chinese is a K, that could be a lot of Ks! Remember, we are just getting started. When Dr. Behar published his K tree in 2006 there were no full sequences from Ireland!

Bill Hurst

Comment

Working...
        X