Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a member since 1998. I have World Deluxe Editon. I had my husband, brother and son tested there. I have a 8,000 name public member tree, And I did not receive an invitation. I am disappointed, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by cbon20 View Post
      I didn't receive an invitation

I've been a subscriber (maximum) for many years. I've uploaded my Y-DNA results, but not tested. I'm thinking it must only be the people that tested there that received invitations.
      No, the offer for those who tested with Ancestry got the offer over 3 weeks ago, and the cut-off was the first 2000 people who responded, no kit needed as they already have our DNA. This recent one yesterday went out to Ancestry subscribers (not all folks who tested), but not everyone got the offer, which is a mystery regarding how they selected the people who got the offer. I got that one also, but I have not uploaded any DNA results from other companies to Ancestry. I did do a mtDNA test with them in 2008, and I subscribe to the genealogy service.

Frustration over how some existing customers got the offer and others didn't is also a topic of conversation on the public forum at 23andMe.

Ancestry says that the autosomal test will be available to the general public in early 2012. I do not know what the price will be.

Comment

Originally posted by djparlette View Post
        I have been a member since 1998. I have World Deluxe Editon. I had my husband, brother and son tested there. I have a 8,000 name public member tree, And I did not receive an invitation. I am disappointed, to say the least.
        Totally illogical. I would call them. That is not how to treat loyal customers.

Comment

I did contact their customer service to see if I could have someone else take the autosomal test I ordered. And I can! Now I need to ask if they're going to allow downloading the raw data. I should've thought of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
            I did contact their customer service to see if I could have someone else take the autosomal test I ordered. And I can! Now I need to ask if they're going to allow downloading the raw data. I should've thought of that before.
            Nathanm,

I hope you secured a kit because someone on another forum contacted Ancestry today and they have already met the 10,000 limit so the offer is over. I am amazed how fast they were able to collect 12,000 autosomal DNA samples (the earlier offer for the first 2000, and then the one for the first 10,000).

I hope FTDNA has established some sort of partnership with Ancestry on this. Of course this is just my own personal thought, I have never heard anything to suggest this might be true. Just thinking with my fingers....

Judy

Comment

Working...
            X