What does all this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    Assuming Aker has tested more than 12 markers, and he isn't showing up as a match beyond that level, you can disregard him because any connection you may have to him is most likely thousands of years old.

I have an exact match for this Aker at the 12 Marker and 25 Marke levels, a Genetic Distance of 2 a the 37 Marker level, and a Genetic Distance of 3 at hte 67 Marker level. Would this make him and I have more recent common ancestor? What generation would our common ancestor be? Thanks for any help.

John

Comment

Originally posted by migoblu View Post
      I have an exact match for this Aker at the 12 Marker and 25 Marke levels, a Genetic Distance of 2 a the 37 Marker level, and a Genetic Distance of 3 at hte 67 Marker level. Would this make him and I have more recent common ancestor? What generation would our common ancestor be? Thanks for any help.

John
      With a GD of 3 at 67, you could share a common ancestor within the last few hundred years, but it could be closer than that. I'm curious as to what haplogroup & subclade you both belong to and which markers you differ on.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
        With a GD of 3 at 67, you could share a common ancestor within the last few hundred years, but it could be closer than that. I'm curious as to what haplogroup & subclade you both belong to and which markers you differ on.
        My Haplogroup is R1b1a2. I don't know for sure which markers we are different on.

Comment

John
          Glad i could be of some help here is a the explanation for the 67 markers test

Explanation for the 67 Marker Test RESULTS

3-4 Related

63-64/67 You share the same surname (or a variant) with another male and you mismatch by only three or four 'points’. It's most likely that you matched 24/25, 36/37 or 37/37 on previous Y-DNA tests and your mismatch will be found within the second panel at DYS #'s 458, 459 a, 459b, 449, or within 464 a-d, or at DYS 576, 570, CDYa or CDYb in our third panel of markers. Your common ancestor is probably not extremely recent, but your mismatch is likely within the range of most well established surname lineages in Western Europe.

I think I remember that the Welsh were the last to adopt surnames around 400 years ago.

Have you posted your results at Ancestry? You may have more matches there, it us to be free still probably is. Missing 3 markers out of 46 markers the highest level Ancestry test to would have a MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestor) of Within 10 generation or 250 years. If you post your result there you can compare Ancestry and FTDNA results. If the 3 markers you missed at FTDNA are within the 46 markers Ancestry test you'll be able to narrow down the time frame.

Also postr to Y-search again another chance to find more matches. Good Luck. Ed
          Last edited by EdwardRHill; 30 September 2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

John

3-4 Related

63-64/67 You share the same surname (or a variant) with another male and you mismatch by only three or four 'points

Comment

[QUOTE=EdwardRHill;331174]Glad i could be of some help here is a the explanation for the 67 markers test

3-4 Related

63-64/67 You share the same surname (or a variant) with another male and you mismatch by only three or four 'points

Comment

Please excuse me for these multiple postings. Something is wrong when I tried to reply to a post by EwardRHill. I'll try something else to reply to that post.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by migoblu View Post

John

3-4 Related

Thanks for your rely. The Marker difference in my surname (Hale) and the Aker surname are: 576 (Hale) 19 (Aker) 18, CDYa (Hale) 35 (Aker) 34, 413b (Hale) 23 (Aker) 24. We match all the 12 and 25 Markers. The 464a, b, c, and match exactly, the Aker also has 2 more in the 464 group that are 18, 18.

One of the One Step Mutations matches on the Ancestral Origins page list is a Welsh. My father said that our ancestors came form Wales, but he would never say how he knew that.

I posted my results at Ancestry.com, but it only matched me with the same cousin I match at FTDNA. It seems a bit harder at Ancestry.com to see the Genetic Distance matches than it does here at FTDNA.

I found a close match with a Hale at a British DNA database, but I didn't save the site and I can't remember where I found it, darn!!!!!!

Thanks for your help.
                  Last edited by migoblu; 1 October 2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by migoblu View Post

John

3-4 Related

Thanks for your rely. The Marker difference in my surname (Hale) and the Aker surname are: 576 (Hale) 19 (Aker) 18, CDYa (Hale) 35 (Aker) 34, 413b (Hale) 23 (Aker) 24. We match all the 12 and 25 Markers. The 464a, b, c, and match exactly, the Aker also has 2 more in the 464 group that are 18, 18.

One of the One Step Mutations matches on the Ancestral Origins page list is a Welsh. My father said that our ancestors came form Wales, but he would never say how he knew that.

I posted my results at Ancestry.com, but it only matched me with the same cousin I match at FTDNA. It seems a bit harder at Ancestry.com to see the Genetic Distance matches than it does here at FTDNA.

I found a close match with a Hale at a British DNA database, but I didn't save the site and I can't remember where I found it, darn!!!!!!

Thanks for your help.
                    Coping and pasting seems to mess something up and when I remember that, i just use the back button to get to the right page than copy and paste again it seems to work most of the time.

Join the Hale Surname project if you have not already done so. The people who run those groups study up on this stuff and are into and will be of much help to you.

I forgot there is three markers at Ancestry that will read differently than at FTDNA I think two of them are 464a and b on the DYS Values page there is a explanation for markers with two red ** and 464a and b have them saying they have been adjusted down by one so you maybe a match at FTDNA on those markers and not at Ancestry.

The question about the 464 markers would be a good question to ask the Hale Group Admin he or she will be able to help you better with that.

Ancestry uses a different term MRCA or Most Recent Common Ancestor they are willing to be more bold with their prediction than FTDNA which uses Genetic Distance and only give you a percentage for so many generation. 90 or better works for me others may disagree and say higher.

Try a search for British DNA database you'll might fine it that way. I think I might give that a shot also because two of my matches have connection to Cheshire and Shropshire, it would be nice to find more prof and that site might be helpful to me also.

Comment

Working...
                    X