No announcement yet.

Genographic Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R1b is all over the place in western Europe. The percentages are highest in places where Celts and Basques lived, and decline as one gets further from these places. Some of the R1bs in "non-Celtic" areas could be ancient, others might be only a few centuries old.

Compare the R1b population in Sicily both to one another and to the broader R1b population. If they are only distantly related to the R1b population of Celtic areas, then we are looking at an ancient settlement. If they are more closely related to identifiable families in France, England, Ireland, etc., than they are to each other, then we are looking at a recent settlement.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by Eternitat
      What if you were an XY female?

I have not been karyotyped, so I have no idea if I may be one of those.

I so want to get my father tested. But I do not know if he would be interested.
      What if you were an XY female? [not to be wise] you would be male

are you telling this father of 3 girls you dont know how to get him to do what you want

Comment

Sometimes chromosomal anomalies happen. The masculinization gene in the Y chromosome is not activated- and an XY female results. Other sex chromosomal anomalies include: Turner Syndrome (a female has only one X chromosome), Metafemale aka Superwoman (female has 3 X chromosomes), Klinefelter Syndrome (male is XXY), and extra Y chromosome in a male (XYY) which is the most common of these anomalies.

I used to be a science teacher. I have a bachelor's degree in Microbiology, so I have taken several genetics classes. Hence I do have background about this subject.

Comment

Working...
        X