perfect matches on mitosearch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect matches on mitosearch

I have several exact matches on mitosearch for HVR1+HVR2 without Mutational Differences. How distant would my ancestors be from these people? Thanks, Vera

Could be very very distant. You wont know unless you contact those people and you can connect a paper trail.

Comment

I have two exact mito FGS matches (H16), and even they are said to be 16 generations distant.

Luckily, one of them shows a known ancestor in the 1500's Netherlands which could easily be the common one.

But not so luckily, that person won't respond to either of us other two, who are both stuck in the early 1800's on our maternal search.

Comment

Originally posted by veramiller View Post
        I have several exact matches on mitosearch for HVR1+HVR2 without Mutational Differences. How distant would my ancestors be from these people? Thanks, Vera
        Be sure that they're in the same haplogroup and subclade before accepting them as true matches.

Comment

Thanks for your responses, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by veramiller View Post
            50-50 chance of a common maternal ancestor within the past 1,000 years.

Regards,
            Jim

Comment

How can you tell if it's exact matches? Maybe I haven't seen that on there for some reason. I have a gazillion matches..

Comment

Mitoseach shows distances of -1, 0, and +1 in the right hand column. Look for the 0 to find the exact matches.

Comment

Working...
                X