Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice anyone, re: "East Asian" autosomal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
    Although the AncestrybyDNA test is pretty limited, they do report an "Indigenous American" ancestral component. It's possible Native American got classified as East Asian, but not as likely in this case. For example, at 23andMe they only list Europe, Asia, and Africa, so almost any Native American ancestry gets lumped in as Asian. I'd assume the percentage AncestrybyDNA reported as "Indigenous American" is Native American, and the "East Asian" is Asian. What were all four percentages from the test?
    Thank you for the response Nathan. The percentages were:
    53%= European
    40%= Sub Saharan
    7%= East Asian
    0%= Native American

Someone had made a mention that with EA that their Native and East Asian autosomal readings were accurate and that East Asian could = Native. I am uncertain about that, and need to seek out a higher resolution for efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaru View Post
      Thank you for the response Nathan. The percentages were:
      53%= European
      40%= Sub Saharan
      7%= East Asian
      0%= Native American

Someone had made a mention that with EA that their Native and East Asian autosomal readings were accurate and that East Asian could = Native. I am uncertain about that, and need to seek out a higher resolution for efficiency.
      That might still be Middle Eastern, or actually East Asian. If you want better resolution, you'll need the data. The Family Finder (FF) test would be your best bet. FTDNA's reference populations aren't the latest and greatest, but it's much better than those four components alone. Plus, the raw data can be used in third party BGA analysis by Dr McDonald, the African Ancestry Project, DIYDodecad, or others.

Comment

Working...
      X