Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did FTDNA's clock reset itself? Lots of "new matches" that aren't new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did FTDNA's clock reset itself? Lots of "new matches" that aren't new!

I noticed today that my wife's FamilyFinder matches -- all 58 of them -- showed up as "New since" 8/26/2011, and 10 of them "New since" 8/27/2011. (She's had matches since February when she got her FF results).

I see that the "New since" is correct in my case for 8/28/2011 (1 real, new match) but is showing about 30 "new" matches since 8/27/2011 that are not new.

Then, this evening I got notification of a 12-for-12 Y-DNA match for both me, and for my cousin. No new names in either of our match lists, however.

Then I looked at the "Matches by Project" and it's showing a whole bunch of new matches since 8/23/2011 in 5 projects; 3 more "not in a project" 8/24/2011; and 7 in the Finland project 8/30/2011.

I'm assuming all of these "new" matches are bogus, and that something weird is going on with the system? Anyone else seeing anything like this today?
    dwight
    FTDNA Customer
    Last edited by dwight; 31 August 2011, 05:07 AM. Reason: Correcting/updating the information

I think they fixed the issue with some kits not showing up in the chromosome browser. I think anyway because I had one I could not see yesterday and now I see it.

Matt.

Comment

I received an e-mail notification for "new" FF results - the results have been in for months - still with absolutely no matches.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
        I received an e-mail notification for "new" FF results - the results have been in for months - still with absolutely no matches.
        Even if you turn on the filter "Show all matches"?
        Does the Chromosome Browser show zero matches?

Comment

We got new matches yesterday, in FF and Y-DNA; and they were all new.

Comment

I got an email yesterday for "new results", that apparently did not exist

Comment

Me Too.

Comment

Working...
              X