Trouble joining a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble joining a project

When I picked an appropriate project for my son's ydna, I had no trouble joining it. Now I have transferred my brother's data from ancestry.com. There is NO surname project for Parlet or any of its variations so I chose Maryland as all our earliest paternal line ancestors lived there. It will NOT let me click on "join this project".
    Does that mean it is not accepting new members? If that be the case, can anyone suggest an appropriate project for me to put my brother in?

Did you contact the Maryland group Admin. I thought about joining that group awhile back I don't think it take more than a connection to Maryland. I would contact the Admin.

Comment

Yes I did contact the administrator. And later last night when I again attempted to join, the join button finally worked, so I should be all set now. Just waitng for his test kit to arrive so we can have the 4 markers tested that are not on ancestry.com. Then his results will be comparable with the 37 marker test. Sure wish he could be in a surname project. As interested as the Parlett's are in genealogy, I am surprised none have tested here. One of Jon's confirmed cousins matched at Sorensens and another matched at 23 and me.

Comment

Originally posted by djparlette View Post
        Yes I did contact the administrator. And later last night when I again attempted to join, the join button finally worked, so I should be all set now. Just waitng for his test kit to arrive so we can have the 4 markers tested that are not on ancestry.com. Then his results will be comparable with the 37 marker test. Sure wish he could be in a surname project. As interested as the Parlett's are in genealogy, I am surprised none have tested here. One of Jon's confirmed cousins matched at Sorensens and another matched at 23 and me.
        I think you could probably start your own group. It looks like there's 1 Parlet & 2 Parlette's tested with FTDNA, I'm just not sure which project they're in.

Comment

Working...
        X